2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Not bad for a minivan
By khealy on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't really like minivans but I need to keep all of my toys out of the weather and away from thieves (skis, bikes, etc.). I was attracted to the MPV for its small size, adequate engine, 5-sp transmission and handling. I have't been disappointed with any of these features. The engine/trans work very well, even on high mountain passes. The handling is better than I have ever experienced in a minivan on twisty mtn roads. It's as fun as a minivan can get! Fuel economy is ranging from 20-23 mpg with most of my driving in suburbs and mountains. Much better than any of the SUVs I looked at.

Not bad at all.....
By Anthony on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice van....Its well designed with a nice 200hp. engine. I got the ES model fully equipped.

never again
By mitcam on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think this van is pretty to look at but not much else given teh $$ you pay to own it there aren't a lot of fun features and if you think about cutting costs by not having the higher end AC/Heat package because it is a small van think again, it takes forever to cool down or warm up this van. The vents under the front seat are not large enough or powerful enough to control the temp. It is very small, can be very cramped in the front with average size adults in both seats. Overall good handling but definitly sacrifice space and comfort in this van.

good van, lousy factory tires
By zzz on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great van. Fuel efficiency could be better. After 20k miles, it's still very solid. Factory Dunlop tires are crap. Coolant reservoir seems to overflow a bit since new. Easy to maintain (mainly fluid changes).

good van, lousy factory tires
By zippy on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The Best Choice
By Zoom -Zoom in NJ on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first minivan...and we are completely satisfied. Honda wasn't willing to negotiate an inch- and Sienna was too big with DULL exterior styling. We have an infant and a toddler so we weren't ready for the huge mom-mobiles! We got an excellent dealer incentive- and great treatment. Drives and handles like a car. My son loves his "new big car"! We take turns driving. By far this was the best choice. GFX, Luxury, Entertainment, Security packages.

MPV - Muti Purpose Vehicle
By v946916 on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did not think I would like a Mini-Van. I love the MPV, If you take a long trip and need more room - fold the third seat in the floor. When you arrive and you now need seating for 7, up comes the seat. Its so easy my 7 year old can do it. A great ride - great vehicle. Test drove and rented serval vans prior to purchase.

Warning...This van sucks!
By Cancer Patient on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 1st vehicle I had to get rid of within a 2 yr. period. The heating system sucks - no even distribution, the gear is in the way of my radio & A/C, Very hard to remove any stains from carpet, Front cup holders are not secure - soda tips over all the time, CD plays when it wants to, loud engine when idling, no pick up, sulfur smell and the serv. dept. can't figure out the problem, 1 "old" mazda protege loaner vehicle in the entire dealership only for repairs beyond 48hrs. If you want some real service..purchase from Honda, Toyota, or Lexus where the service is A-1

The best small minivan out there!
By Saxoplay on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd MPV....first one was a 2000 model. I liked it a lot....my only complaint was the lack of power. So upon reading that the 2002 models would have a 3.0L engine, I decided to upgrade. The extra power and the powered sliding doors (I have small children how don't like closing doors when dropped off at school) were worth the upgrade.

The Right Choice
By Zoom Zoom in NJ on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first minivan. (LX w/luxury, GFX, security and entertainment packages) With two toddlers, the Camry was way too small. We looked at the Odyssey- but the dealers refused to negotiate- and the Sienna didn't have the third row flat seats. We also felt that we didn't need the huge mom-mobile yet. I also hate the exterior look of both the Sienna and Odyssey. The MPV is just the right size w/room to grow. The manuverability is excellent. It feels like I'm driving a sports car (the advertisements were right about that one). The exterior is also really sporty. My husband and I actually take turns driving.