2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Great Van (desert sand w/GFX)
By MPV Owner on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our previous van was a '93 Quest GXE so I am very comfortable with the size of the MPV. The power is excellent (climbing mountains is a breeze. I love the vehicle: great looks, size, handling, power and features. Hate the shift lever. The blower for the rear air could be stronger but if cools nicely (but a little slowly). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We wanted a 2003, but they dumped the luxury package but we were able to find an '02 with the luxury and GFX packages. The GFX package makes a huge difference in the appearance.

Love our MPV
By whatever 2549 on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle due to it's smaller size than the other mini- vans. Seating 6 comfortably with a fold down 3rd row seat served our family of 4 perfectly. The V6 motor is peppy and doesn't get bogged down under heavy loads. Drives great in the city and highway. I can sit in the seats for extended hours with no pain from my arthritic back. We've had no problems with the vehicle since we drove it off the lot.

Great & Sporty
By ms_pink on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my van, what can I say others havn't. Just got back from a trip cross country, great gas mileage, 391.7 was the farthest I ever took it. Very satisifed Customer, want to upgrade to sunroof and fog lights. I will be a repeat buyer.

Great Van
By namber on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had one for a year and love it. It is fun to drive and very economical. It is much better quality than our previous Caravans and vastly superior to the Cherokee we unloaded.

Best Minivan ever!
By CA_Dreaming on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Honda and a Dodge minivan and they just aren't as nice. The MPV is the anti-minivan minivan! It's fast, it handles well, it's quiet and comfortable. No rattles! (The Dodge felt and sounded like you were leaving a trail of nuts and bolts as you motored down the highway!) The Honda was nice, but it was always having little stuff go wrong... unusual for Honda I'm told, but that's what I experienced.

SUV? What is that?
By Denny on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our MPV last October after transporting a family of four around in a sedan and then a grand cherokee there is absolutely no comparison. No wonder minivans are so popular. Acceleration onto the highway is a rush. Handling and visibility are impeccable. The kids love the windows that roll down in the back and the option of side-by- slide depending on who is sitting next to them in the second row. And don't forget the fun option of flipping up the back hatch, flipping over the back seat and watching the kids games comfortably in your third row seat as you face the field. SUV vs. MPV? MPV wins hands-down.

Bigger not better for us
By bborgerson on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Like many other happy MPV buyer, we looked at the Odyssey first and decided to look around some more. Nice, but nobody wanted to deal. So we shopped. Glad we did. We're a family of four and don't really need the extra space in the Ody, which isn't all that much. Haven't found anything yet that we couldn't carry in the MPV. Took a a full load of fifth graders on a 4-hour (round trip) field trip drive with no complaints. And, hey, it's fun to drive!

I Like This Van
By Mkranbuhl on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good ride. Good gas mileage. A comfortable ride and easy to drive. This is a smaller minivan and handles very well. The only downside to this van is that it does not hold its value very well.

A fan of the 2002 MPV!
By KT in VBVA on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thoroughly enjoy my 2002 MPV LX. We were on our way to purchase a 2002 Camry XLE(we have a 2000 and sold our 1994 Camry) and passed the Mazda dealership. I had read the consumer reviews on the MPV and wanted to check it out for myself. Though our salesman was definitely lackluster, I was truly impressed with what Mazda had to offer...so impressed that I was swayed to buy the MPV- it gave me room for more passengers(it can be a tight squeeze in the last row of seats, but it beats taking separate cars) and the nimbleness of a car. The body is stylish and sharp-the exterior lighting package adds a sporty look. I don't feel like I'm driving a van at all.

It's great, don't hesitate
By Kevin in Seattle on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned many cars and vans. Mazda might not be first brand to think of, but should be. Fold down seat (like Odyssey), styling, comfort (I'm 6/3"), handling, RELIABILITY, not a single issue with any feature or accessory. I just added after market DVD player for kids. Fully loaded with all upgrades this is thousands less than competition. A great buy.