2002 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
great van
By Skinsfan on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my MPV in may of 2001. It has been a great van for our family its not too small, and its not too big its just the right size. We have taken our MPV all over the east coast and its performed outstanding.

MPV ES 2002
By AAS on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 2 weeks, we love this MPV ES, it handles and accelerate very well. It has comfortable ride, just that wind noise above 50mph, but it could be jut the roofrack

Love it!
By newtomazda on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first minivan and first Mazda. So far, I am very impressed on both accounts. It is so easy to drive and priced in my market. I was interested in moving up to a family car but this minivan had so much more to offer. Way better than the Honda that everyone rates so highly. I think Mazda needs to promote this van more!

It really is fun to drive!
By pigdog on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove MPV with 200hp. Decided I could live with this very nice van. They are not kidding, it is the anti- mini van . Mazda has a nice web site that allows a detailed search of dealer inventories - even for those dealers who don't show much detail on their individual web sites. This is a nice versatile van. Firm, sporty ride, quick acceleration. Feels like a good euro sedan compared to the boat like ride of many other vans. Quality after two months is superb. Received many positive comments about midnight metallic blue color. Standard sound system is very good.

A nonminivan lover's minvan
By marylizus on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted a large station wagon, but no one makes those anymore. The MPV comes the closest to what we wanted. I LOVE the MPV..and we have a pretty stripped down LX model. Fun to drive, too.

This is a Great Van
By mando on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this van. I've had a 94 Villager for 8 years and this is a big improvement. It's so much fun to drive. It's smooth, quiet, has plenty of power, handles very nimbly, and I'm getting good gas mileage. The 9 speaker stereo system is terrific. It's a smaller van and I don't need to carry 7 people most of the time, but the very flexible space is useful for big items or for stretching out on long trips.

Zoom-Zoom -- Believe It!
By Pilot on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Believe it or not, we were deciding between some very different vehicles when we fell for the 2002 MPV, including the Toyota Sienna, Ford Expedition, and the Toyota Sequoia. The MPV won out purely due to a MUCH more bang for your buck reason. Believe the commercials -- Mazda has a great minivan in the 2002 MPV. The drive is very smooth (probably a lot due to the 17-inch wheels), the horsepower is finally there (zoom zoom), the high-end features are definitely there, and although it's a bit early in the running to tell it appears to be built very well.

Good MPV
By Chop100 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We sold a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy the 2001 Mazda we bought. So far it's a great vehicle. By far the easiest vehicle to drive I've ever owned. great visibility, handling and roads manners. The off the line performance is not great, but generally lack of power is not that noticeable.

Our favorite van
By Bobaran on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We looked for over a year researching and driving vans, basically waiting for the right deal to come around. If price was not a consideration we would have gone with the Mazda. It just so happened that we got 0% and dealer invoice so we got our dream van, no settling for a Caravan.

consider MPV it's a 9.9 for us!
By matluoma on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent van & worth it! don't just take my word for it - you should consider this van. no concerns about power & torque. (hp to weight ratio is awesome - so don't just compare hp to hp...0