Used 2002 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

SUV? What is that?
By Denny

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our MPV last October after transporting a family of four around in a sedan and then a grand cherokee there is absolutely no comparison. No wonder minivans are so popular. Acceleration onto the highway is a rush. Handling and visibility are impeccable. The kids love the windows that roll down in the back and the option of side-by- slide depending on who is sitting next to them in the second row. And don't forget the fun option of flipping up the back hatch, flipping over the back seat and watching the kids games comfortably in your third row seat as you face the field. SUV vs. MPV? MPV wins hands-down.

performance, 17" wheels, rear windows go up and down, mute button for radio, side by slide second row seats, friendly/helpful sales people

can't see a/c light when in drive, balance on speakers should be front/back instead of left/right, wind noise from luggage rack, compartment needed for jumper cables, flashlights, etc.

Bigger not better for us
By bborgerson

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Like many other happy MPV buyer, we looked at the Odyssey first and decided to look around some more. Nice, but nobody wanted to deal. So we shopped. Glad we did. We're a family of four and don't really need the extra space in the Ody, which isn't all that much. Haven't found anything yet that we couldn't carry in the MPV. Took a a full load of fifth graders on a 4-hour (round trip) field trip drive with no complaints. And, hey, it's fun to drive!

Handling, acceleration, sliding split middle seat, foldaway rear seat, roll down windows.

All the levers sometimes get in the way of the dash, but I'm getting used to it.

I Like This Van
By Mkranbuhl

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good ride. Good gas mileage. A comfortable ride and easy to drive. This is a smaller minivan and handles very well. The only downside to this van is that it does not hold its value very well.

Side windows are powered and can be lowered. The rear bench folds into the floor.

Outfit the van with better tires. All wheel drive would be nice

A fan of the 2002 MPV!
By KT in VBVA

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thoroughly enjoy my 2002 MPV LX. We were on our way to purchase a 2002 Camry XLE(we have a 2000 and sold our 1994 Camry) and passed the Mazda dealership. I had read the consumer reviews on the MPV and wanted to check it out for myself. Though our salesman was definitely lackluster, I was truly impressed with what Mazda had to offer...so impressed that I was swayed to buy the MPV- it gave me room for more passengers(it can be a tight squeeze in the last row of seats, but it beats taking separate cars) and the nimbleness of a car. The body is stylish and sharp-the exterior lighting package adds a sporty look. I don't feel like I'm driving a van at all.

MAZDA bumper to bumper 5 year warranty, sound system controls on the steering wheel, the sliding, adjustable middle row of seats, rear windows roll down, and the collapsable rear set of seats that fold into the floor

Door locking mechanism on the passenger side and maybe some more horses under the hood...how about some customer loyalty insentives???

It's great, don't hesitate
By Kevin in Seattle

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned many cars and vans. Mazda might not be first brand to think of, but should be. Fold down seat (like Odyssey), styling, comfort (I'm 6/3"), handling, RELIABILITY, not a single issue with any feature or accessory. I just added after market DVD player for kids. Fully loaded with all upgrades this is thousands less than competition. A great buy.

Elec sliding doors, fold down and in rear seat, ease of adjusting front:back and side:side all rear seats, crossover styling, handling.

All wheel drive and 250hp (turbo?)