2002 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Best Value
By owr084 on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Definite improvement over the '00/'01 models - the new V-6 makes the MPV a true contender. Our ES came loaded with 4-Seasons, sunroof, CD Changer, bumper plate, roof rack, and foglights all for $28K (including tax, etc.). No other minivan came close in price or options (looked at Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, and Honda). And, it's fun to drive. Zoom-zoom-zoom

Great Little Van
By lal_clt on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a van for hauling stuff, not necessarily passengers, so I didn't need a huge van. The MPV is perfect! It's only 2 in. longer than my previous Volvo sedan, yet with the fold into the floor third row seats, it carries lots. The MPV handles beautifully, has a short turning radius, and is very comfortable. The 200 hp motor lets me go zoom-zoom all over town.

Best vehicle ever
By Curious Canadian on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 Caravans before, and they don't come close. The MPV is great fun to drive. Great handling, performance, outward visibility. We took it on one long trip already. We drove all day without feeling it at all. The sound system helps the overall experience.

LUVRMPV
By msgjvh on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is performing very well. I have the 2000 and would love to get the 2002. You will not be disappointed. 50K miles and still have not redone the brakes!!!

Check out all mini's
By Va.Mike on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MPV listed for $23,120. I bought the basic LX with a few minor extras. I paid $19,800 for the MPV and am very happy so far. At this price I was well below all other contenders including all the rebates. Ford Windstar had almost $4400 in rebates and another couple of thousand in discounts and my MPV price when everything is compared was a better long term deal.

Mazda MPV
By Joe Shmoe on 05/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A fine van with very few if any liabilities. Would love to have some of the Japan only options, but its fine as is.

nva mpv lx reveiw
By ed_r_22192 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The LX we purchased has peformed flawlessly. To include a 1500 mile round trip from Northern Virginia to East Central Illinois. While in the Indiana area we were able to see the Traction Control System perform. While travelling down a muddy dirt road the cars ahead of us were fishing tailing and seemed to have difficulty controlling themselves. The MPV had no problems and the flashing TCS light indicated it was doing its job. We were even fortunate enough to exceed to posted MPG rattings averaging just over 27 MPG. I would recommend this model MPV to anyone.

Great Minivan
By gem76_girl on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This mini van a great mini van with a good price. Our first choice was the over priced Honda Odyssey. After reviewing all of the mini vans on the market we came across the MPV. I believe it is the most comparable to the Honda Odyssey with a better price.

Absolutely Love It!
By Family Man on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan has it all! We love the third row seat fold away and how it reverses for tailgates etc.. The handling is superb, the 200 hp engine is fantastic. The overall attention to quality detail is great. This minivan is comfortable, well made and has some zip to it. We have been a Mazda family for many years, from my 83 RX-7, my wife's former 323, my mom's 626 to her new Protege', we have experienced the dependability of these wonderful cars. Take a look and compare it to the Honda and you will see that you get a great deal and save some bucks too! Believe me, the fold away third seat is a must!

Problem after a week
By Mateusz on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my MPV recently. Its very nice and comfortable car. One sour node was that after a week check engine light came on. Dealer needed three days to repair. Came out that transmission control computer failed and needed to be replaced. Hopefully I will have better luck with it in the future.