Used 2002 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Great Van (desert sand w/GFX)
By MPV Owner

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our previous van was a '93 Quest GXE so I am very comfortable with the size of the MPV. The power is excellent (climbing mountains is a breeze. I love the vehicle: great looks, size, handling, power and features. Hate the shift lever. The blower for the rear air could be stronger but if cools nicely (but a little slowly). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. We wanted a 2003, but they dumped the luxury package but we were able to find an '02 with the luxury and GFX packages. The GFX package makes a huge difference in the appearance.

Looks (with GFX package), seating flexibility and ease of use, 6 disk in- dash CD, size, handling and power.

Stronger fan for the rear air, shorter shift lever.

Love our MPV
By whatever 2549

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle due to it's smaller size than the other mini- vans. Seating 6 comfortably with a fold down 3rd row seat served our family of 4 perfectly. The V6 motor is peppy and doesn't get bogged down under heavy loads. Drives great in the city and highway. I can sit in the seats for extended hours with no pain from my arthritic back. We've had no problems with the vehicle since we drove it off the lot.

The fold down 3rd row seat has been great when we go on vacation and need to stuff the back with all our gear. The 2nd row captain's chairs slide together allowing more access space to the 3rd row.

More lumbar support in the driver seat would be great, although the lack of it hasn't bothered me. Also, better storage of the 3rd row seat headrests when folded into the floor.

Great & Sporty
By ms_pink

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my van, what can I say others havn't. Just got back from a trip cross country, great gas mileage, 391.7 was the farthest I ever took it. Very satisifed Customer, want to upgrade to sunroof and fog lights. I will be a repeat buyer.

Windows that roll down :) the folding back seat that turns into a bench to look backward w/hatch up. Sound quality is nice. Love the radio contraol and mute also.

Lock controls on passenger front side, doors lock automatically when you put it into drive and unlock when in park.

Great Van
By namber

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had one for a year and love it. It is fun to drive and very economical. It is much better quality than our previous Caravans and vastly superior to the Cherokee we unloaded.

The seating arrangements are fantastic and I can actually fit a sheet of plywood in the back, in spite of the amall size.

Power controlled rear flipper windows and heated seats.

Best Minivan ever!
By CA_Dreaming

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Honda and a Dodge minivan and they just aren't as nice. The MPV is the anti-minivan minivan! It's fast, it handles well, it's quiet and comfortable. No rattles! (The Dodge felt and sounded like you were leaving a trail of nuts and bolts as you motored down the highway!) The Honda was nice, but it was always having little stuff go wrong... unusual for Honda I'm told, but that's what I experienced.

Too many to list: seating, features, features, features!

The shift lever should be about 4" shorter, and loose the antenna.