2002 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
getting old, bought a mini-van.
By dadof2 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had planned on buying a Nissan "Quest" GLE, but the MPV ES blew it out of the water in all aspects except for the onboard entertainment system. Have been a loyal Nissan owner with (2) Pathfinder SE's and a "Hardbody" P/U, but the MPV has changed all that.

Great Looking Ride
By Caroline on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle about a month. It drives very well and handles much more like a car than a van. The van gets a lot of compliments for it's styling and the features. I bought the LX with the luxury and security packages, roof rack, cassette, and rear step bumper. Overall, it's a great, sporty mini-van.

Impressed--Car-Like Feel in a MiniVan
By dwc on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Searched for well over a month, made final choice of MPV LX (Price, reliability trail, consumer interest/ratings, bang for the buck -- this Mini sells itself!) Would have liked a few of the options on the ES but not the leather ..Having said that, the LX is well equipped with Luxury package and Rear air .. neat feature is rear air controls. Very stable on the highway, handles like a car...tight suspension/steering.

ZOOM ZOOM is it lol YEAH BABY
By MY2cents on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

well in one week i have added 1000 KM to my MAZDA MPV DX and i love the power, 200HP. LOVE the service i got from the dealer! quick and help full.

Great MiniVan!
By pgp on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a full size SUV. My wife wanted a Minivan. Finally both of our wish got fulfilled how?. You guessed it right! We bought 2002 MPV ES. It's great minivan which looks and feels like a SUV. It has all most all the features of Odyssey yet it is lot cheaper than Odyssey and readily available to drive it home same day unlike Odyssey where you have to wait at least 3 months. We love the drive and comfort.

Protege/MPV
By bean3422 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first experience with a Mazda vehicle was my neighbor's 1992 Protege LX with 175,000 miles on it. My GM vehicle with 80,000 miles on it had broken down, and I had to use her car to go get parts. I had so much fun in that car with 175,000 miles on it. It also felt better put together than my GM vehicle. Since I was in the market, I immediately researched and purchased a 2000 Protege ES. I am now a proud owner of a 2002 Coastal Blue MPV ES, and I feel just a strongly about it. Just as the Protege is the most fun small car, the MPV is the most fun minivan. The fact that it looks so good only cinches the deal in my opinion.

2002 MPV ES Rating
By Excalibur1993 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took out for one hour test drive and look over before buying. Went back with my head between my legs. I couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. Everything was there. No scratches. Ran great. And Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. Sure is fun to drive.

Excellent hauler for a small family
By exHondaOwner on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drive one & you'll know what the rave is all about. Smooth, powerful, quiet, & with a combination of functional elements that you won't find in any other minivan. Build quality is excellent (the only Japanese minvan that is actually built in Japan) with ergonomics that is as good or better than Honda's.

MPV ES
By edhughes on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the vehicle for a couple of months now and I could not be happier. It great for the family and a little sportier than the larger vans on the market.

Zoomzoom indeed
By billlmckinley on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Generally spirited, despite its "inferior" engine size. Marvelous handling--more like a touring car than a van. Extremely well laid-out interior, and a price that's unbeatable. A lot of bang for the buck. And the new one, with the larger engine, goes like a bat.