2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
zooming around
By zoomingaround on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove 6 vans on the market and the Mazda won hands down. My wife didn't want a van but we needed it for the family. Bought the ES model with a sunroof, it is one of her favorite vehicals she has ever owned. Everytime we drive it she says "I love this van". It is roomy for seven, rides great, has better handling that any other van we tested, and the best value. After the dealer price and rebates we got this van with tons of features plus leather interior, duel sliding doors, sunroof, and great performance for the same price as the base price Honda. Anyone needing a van needs to seriously look at the Mazda.

From M3 to Minivan
By typhoon on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sold the M3 for a Forester for a minivan. Test drove the Honda, and it was 2nd best - the handling wasn't as good. The extra size of the Honda wasn't appealing to a family of 3. Regarding the 3yr/30K warranty, "Honda doesn't need a good warranty to sell it" was the dealer response. Laughable. Here's our take so far on the MPV. Handling is excellent. AC is excellent. The stereo is also very good. There is NO rotten egg smell (they must have fixed that. You can feel the bumps (reminds me of the M3), but more so in the back (where I never am!). Liked the 3rd row conversion options. The engine power is OK (we tow a sailboat).

My New MPV
By lphillips on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went from an Audi A4 to a loaded MPV. So far I'm happy. Vehicle handles great and has a very versatile interior. So far, the dealer has been great.Since IO've only had the MPV about a month, I will report again in 6 months to see if I am still happy.Looked at the Odyssey. It was too big and the dealers too greedy.

AWSOME !!
By MIKE JONES on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great van to drive

Makes the transition to a mini-van easy!
By indykoch on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Protege in high school, a Miata STO before the child, and now an MPV - Mazda has treated me good! I never thought I'd own a mini-van, but the wife obviously had more input. I must say I'm quite impressed! This is easily the best looking, best engineered, fun to drive (I know, it's still a mini-van) van on the market. It's a bit on the small side at times, but that was one of it's attractive features, and we knew it from the start. It makes the transition from sports cars to mini-vans easier to digest. By far... the best choice!

So far, so good
By BacktoMinivan on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from a fully loaded V8 Explorer, I am missing some nice little features like puddle lamps, auto on/off lights, and, strangely, door lock button on passenger side. But overall, I'm happy. Didn't want a minivan but this is a good compromise if you need one. Size-wise, it drives about the same as the Explorer, except without the bumpiness. I don't notice the power loss coming from a V8 too much. The air conditioner is already making a rattling noise, so I'm hoping that turns out okay.

Very Surprised!!!
By tgaines14 on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I must say that I am one of those guys who said that he would never own a minivan. Well, three kids later, and there's just not much that I could do about it. I researched the minivan market for quite some time, and ultimately chose this van. I have been very surprised with it. It has definitely exceeded all of my expectations. It is simply a great vehicle to drive.

What a great VAN !
By Gundam on 06/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought one and fall in love in driving this VAN. You don't feel like driving a VAN, thanks Mazda designed something different, big sun roof, side window roll down, monster 9 speakers sound systems, it is just a great one. Bought a ES 02 White w/GFX package in May. Power door is really nice and quick, 17" rim are excellent, handling is good, very easy to park, and more .... believe me, if your family size is small (small for me is less than 6 people), get this one, don't get the bus ! You won't regret it. Zoom-zoom !

My 1st mini-van and I like it
By gakster on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have been pretty much anti-mini-van until we found out that 3rd kid is on the way. Test drove the Oddy, Sienna & Quest and the MPV. The MPV is the best handling and most maneuverable of the lot. Picked up a 2002 Silver LX, security pkg, rear a/c, roof rack and couldn't be happier. Really like the space and handling (for a mini-van).

A Winner!
By MPVer in Michigan on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Did my research. Honda was our second choice, but the interier was too boring and the vehicle was bigger than we needed/wanted. The MPV was the perfect fit. Size and features are very nice and the price very competive. I didn't want a van, but now I love it!