2001 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Small yet roomy, Sporty yet fu

2001 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

ES Passenger Minivan (2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Small yet roomy, Sporty yet functional
By DebChar on

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We'd been looking for a new car for a while. Was looking at the 2002 MPV, but couldn't afford the sticker for the ES. Wanted all the extras, so compromised the 2002 and got the ES 2001 new loaded with the extras I wanted at a price I could manage. (Anything was an improvement over my 4 Cylinder 4-door grandam.) Really needed something larger for a family of five, car seats and stroller. It does the trick nicely. The kids can pick and choose where they like to sit and I can separate them easily. I like the well in the back for groceries when the seat is up. Fun to drive. Not just another mini van.

Third row fold down and tumble seat, Sunroof, 6 disc CD changer, side by slide 2nd row seats, small manueverable size, leather seats, just about everything!

Heated seats, more power (2002 has), adjust placement of gear shift so it doesn't interfere with radio and fan controls, center council with coin holder and storage, more behind seat pocket holders and small storage compartments in the back