Hurricane Ike Stole My MPV
By Spike89 on
2001 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)
I used this van to haul a lot of equipment as well as two infants. The van suited us very well, as it had 40000 miles on it when I bought it. Around 65000 I started having issues with the engine light coming on and it missing, and replaced starter sensor, but they never were able to completely fix the problem. The value for the price of this van was excellent, and it was a very good deal considering other cars that I had reviewed. I especially liked the way that I could haul a lot of inventory. It was much easier to use then my Explorer or Surbuban. I recently bought a Town and Country at a much higher price and love that vehicle as it's easier with auto doors and the tvs for the kids.
Favorite Features
Ease of seats folding down, lots of room for hauling. Suspension held up despite continuous overloading.
Suggested Improvements
Increase payload capacity (weight) by optional hauling suspension to be added. Braking is slow, so better brakes would make this a safer vehicle. My rating for driving experience is not a ding against Mazda, but it is a minivan after all.