2001 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Small yet roomy, Sporty yet functional
By DebChar on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We'd been looking for a new car for a while. Was looking at the 2002 MPV, but couldn't afford the sticker for the ES. Wanted all the extras, so compromised the 2002 and got the ES 2001 new loaded with the extras I wanted at a price I could manage. (Anything was an improvement over my 4 Cylinder 4-door grandam.) Really needed something larger for a family of five, car seats and stroller. It does the trick nicely. The kids can pick and choose where they like to sit and I can separate them easily. I like the well in the back for groceries when the seat is up. Fun to drive. Not just another mini van.

Best MiniVan Ever Drove
By melp on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan DX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the car-like feel and behavior. Solid body, nimble and fun-to-drive. It has enough power to go zoom zoom.

mazda es mpv 2001
By Heidi on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am not very happy with my mazda mpv es. The "leather" is mostly vinal. The seats are SO uncomfortable. I wish I'd have taken a longer test drive. After only 2 mths of owning it, I am ready to sell. I think it's a good quality, but not all the "bells and whistles" compared to the competition. The 2002 has much improved features.But I am very disapointed with the "trade in value" if I sell it, I will have lost 3k in 2 mths! And I paid 5k UNDER sticker and 3k UNDER cost!! That tells me that it is NOT holding it's value well at ALL! My mazda only has 1k miles!!

Mazda MPV Unreliable
By Don't buy one on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Engine knocking caused by rocker arm shaft design. Transmission shift is delayed. radio broke early. Don't buy one!

Poor dad's review
By imapodaddy on 03/12/02 11:45 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan DX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I love this van. I was surprised on how much it drive like a car. Just like the commercials..."Zoom Zoom". It does feel very sporty yet practical. I would recommend this van to anyone.

Better then a Windstar
By Joe Wierzbicki on 03/08/02 21:41 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

It has all kind of neat features-the roll down passenger windows-the bench seats for the second roll turn into captain chairs and the 3rd seat folds down. It is quite and angile to drive and easy to park. The quality workmanship is perfect. The interior is smooth and great colors.