2001 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
All Around MPV
By LionJR on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable and practical people and cargo mover. It is versatile for carrying passengers and/or all kinds of cargo. Easy to navigate. Its appearance and smaller looking size belies its ability to easily haul it all. Parking is a zip. Does very well in all kinds of weather.

Mazda MPV worked out great
By j brabham on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with my MPV purchase. It has served me and my family well on long road trips. Yhe fold down 3rd seat and power rear window really come in handy and I have not had one major or minor repair in the last 3 years. I would recommend this vehicle.

MPV, Great family Van
By wolfbear9 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for little over 2 years now. It has 35000 on it, and no problems. Its only been in the shop for oil changes and a brake inspection. Easy to drive. Had a ford windstar for 5 years before this vehicle and the MPV is much nicer. Not only is it about 600 pounds lighter then windstar, its also about a foot shorter, so its easier to park and fits in the garage much better. Power rear door windows, cabin filter standard, hide away third seat that folds forward or backwards and all 3 rows of seat recline. 25mpg freeway, handles well. Have hauled over 1100 pounds of building supplies in the back. Great family van.

Love my MPV
By Jackson 5 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MPV! To me, the MPV is the sports car of mini vans. It looks great and is fun to drive and just gives you that feeling of zoom zoom. Sometimes when your driving and rocking out on the great sounding stereo, you've got to look back and remind yourself that your driving a mini van and have your kids in the back. Love this vehicle. So far, reliability has been great(knock on wood). I'm just trying to find out now if there is a way that my MPV can accomodate 3 kids across the 2nd row seats when pushed together. If our family grows out of this van, that will be the saddest part. The MPV Rocks!

Greatest Mini Van on Market for all
By haasmancinci on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I worried about the small v6 engine and the reveiws, but I don't see the issue. Looks great! Drives Excellently! The leather seats are really comfortable. I'm just back from a 17 hour 1100 mile trip and not once did my back feel it. In addition, I drove it in the mountains of Tennesee & Kentucky with little effort on the engine. It is NOT under powered at all. The interior style is very up scale compared to many of the "BEST" rated vans especially the Honda. With the CReports ratings at very high. Buy a ES MPV with no worries. You are smart to do so, and will get the best van on the road period.

Good Van
By andyengineer on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Used for 160 mi/day commute for five months, took extended family (4 adults, 2 kids, & luggage)to mountains, then took out seats and used it as a moving van. I am impressed. The acceleration is adequate under load (1000+ lbs.) and downright zippy when empty. It has excellent safety features, good comfort, and does not suffer the wallow of other vans when I ride in the 2nd row.

MPV is BAD NEWS!
By Bad Buy on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

BAD NEWS. Bad wiring, computer parts, cracking interior, fuel cylinders, door handles, terrible service, nameless regional rep., This should be rated less than 1 - but didn't have the option. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER!!!

no zoom zoom
By Golfbum on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van used and have had it for about 1 yr now. van is ok but my wife would like it to have the power slide doors and little stonger engine. My advice buy a Honda if you got the money and can find one, if not make the mazda your second choice

2001 MPV ES
By a206439 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our Dog, I mean Dodge Caravan and got a used 2001 MPV ES. So far, so good. The only complaint is the engine performance...you're not going to win any drag races with this car, but then again, it's a minivan!! Anyway, disappearing 3rd row seat is awesome, and the car handles much better than the caravan. Glad I made the change and I feel much more confident with this car's reliability.

Great minivan
By kristi on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this minivan for almost 2 years now and I've been very pleased with it. Only one minor problem fixed under warranty the same day, no other mechanical problems at all. Even though I have the 2001 version with the supposed "under-performing" engine, I've had no issues with the performance at all. The gas mileage could be a little better but otherwise I have no complaints. I get compliments on it all the time, even though it's not brand new anymore.