2001 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Still Going Strong
By Shooter20 on 11/18/09 13:06 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned this van since it was new 8 years ago and its still going strong. Its at 110K miles and while its now been demoted to my "work" vehicle and replaced by an '07 Honda Odyssey, its still earning its keep. Its more nimble than the Honda, just not big enough any more for the two much larger teenagers. Great van for a young family or couples that need a multi-purpose vehicle.

Reliable
By Wayne on 12/28/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my MPV new and it has lived up to its billing. Nice ride, comfortable seating. Just change oil, brakes, and other routine maintenance and the van does the rest. Drives more like a car than a van. Easy to configure seats and take out and out back seats for hauling stuff. Wife and daughter can drive it as its not "boaty". The only thing that has broken is the cable for the spare tire. If you buy one make sure to learn how to get it at the spare.

All Around MPV
By LionJR on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable and practical people and cargo mover. It is versatile for carrying passengers and/or all kinds of cargo. Easy to navigate. Its appearance and smaller looking size belies its ability to easily haul it all. Parking is a zip. Does very well in all kinds of weather.

Love my MPV
By Jackson 5 on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our MPV! To me, the MPV is the sports car of mini vans. It looks great and is fun to drive and just gives you that feeling of zoom zoom. Sometimes when your driving and rocking out on the great sounding stereo, you've got to look back and remind yourself that your driving a mini van and have your kids in the back. Love this vehicle. So far, reliability has been great(knock on wood). I'm just trying to find out now if there is a way that my MPV can accomodate 3 kids across the 2nd row seats when pushed together. If our family grows out of this van, that will be the saddest part. The MPV Rocks!

Greatest Mini Van on Market for all
By haasmancinci on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I worried about the small v6 engine and the reveiws, but I don't see the issue. Looks great! Drives Excellently! The leather seats are really comfortable. I'm just back from a 17 hour 1100 mile trip and not once did my back feel it. In addition, I drove it in the mountains of Tennesee & Kentucky with little effort on the engine. It is NOT under powered at all. The interior style is very up scale compared to many of the "BEST" rated vans especially the Honda. With the CReports ratings at very high. Buy a ES MPV with no worries. You are smart to do so, and will get the best van on the road period.

2001 MPV ES
By a206439 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our Dog, I mean Dodge Caravan and got a used 2001 MPV ES. So far, so good. The only complaint is the engine performance...you're not going to win any drag races with this car, but then again, it's a minivan!! Anyway, disappearing 3rd row seat is awesome, and the car handles much better than the caravan. Glad I made the change and I feel much more confident with this car's reliability.

Great minivan
By kristi on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this minivan for almost 2 years now and I've been very pleased with it. Only one minor problem fixed under warranty the same day, no other mechanical problems at all. Even though I have the 2001 version with the supposed "under-performing" engine, I've had no issues with the performance at all. The gas mileage could be a little better but otherwise I have no complaints. I get compliments on it all the time, even though it's not brand new anymore.

Great Minivan
By rstar on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Weve been having fun with our van since we got it. Perfect for a family of 4 and when you need to bring some frinds along just lift the third seat out of the floor.

Small yet roomy, Sporty yet functional
By DebChar on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We'd been looking for a new car for a while. Was looking at the 2002 MPV, but couldn't afford the sticker for the ES. Wanted all the extras, so compromised the 2002 and got the ES 2001 new loaded with the extras I wanted at a price I could manage. (Anything was an improvement over my 4 Cylinder 4-door grandam.) Really needed something larger for a family of five, car seats and stroller. It does the trick nicely. The kids can pick and choose where they like to sit and I can separate them easily. I like the well in the back for groceries when the seat is up. Fun to drive. Not just another mini van.

mazda es mpv 2001
By Heidi on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am not very happy with my mazda mpv es. The "leather" is mostly vinal. The seats are SO uncomfortable. I wish I'd have taken a longer test drive. After only 2 mths of owning it, I am ready to sell. I think it's a good quality, but not all the "bells and whistles" compared to the competition. The 2002 has much improved features.But I am very disapointed with the "trade in value" if I sell it, I will have lost 3k in 2 mths! And I paid 5k UNDER sticker and 3k UNDER cost!! That tells me that it is NOT holding it's value well at ALL! My mazda only has 1k miles!!