2000 Mazda MPV 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not perfect, but no bad

2000 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

Not perfect, but no bad for the money
By DDT on

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

This is my 2nd car/van, & the 1st one I bought new. Maybe because the MPV is smaller; it handles the road a bit more stable than the other two minivans I tested. I love the flexibility of the 2nd & 3rd row seats arrangement as well as the 2nd row window that actually opens, which other car company copy in their later models. MPV does have its weakness in horsepower & torque (especially when you turn on the a/c). Another problem is the rear wiper spring is very weak; may break when car wash. I hated the transmission for its jerkiness. In terms of up keep of the vehicle, it actually cost me less than my brother's Honda Odyssey (5 years running), which he later traded in for a Sienna last year.

Favorite Features

The seating arrangement are flexible, which I enjoy so much for trips. The only vehicle with hand pull parking brake.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission jerkiness must be fixed. More horsepower & torque needed. Navigation will be nice to have. 2nd row window should be able to open while it's open.