2000 Mazda MPV 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Made the right choice.

2000 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

Made the right choice.
By ahhtrees on

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

My wife and I both stand by our decision to go with the MPV. It was a bit tough, given that it was the first year for the design, but it would appear that we made the right choice. I don't feel like I'm driving a minivan when I take the MPV somewhere. A great sound system and great manuverability allow me to forget that I've got two car seats and a weeks worth of groceries behind me.

Favorite Features

For starters, the 'tumble-under' seat. I can't understand the logic for NOT engineering this into all minivans/SUV's. The roll-down second-row windows have not lost their power to entertain my toddlers, even after 18 months of ownership. Again, why haven't other manufacturers caught on?

Suggested Improvements

Only real deficiency has been addressed for '02...the engine. Nice move to bump it up to a 3.0L, but I won't complain about the 2.5. The only time I even think about it is when we're fully loaded (roof box and all) and we've got the dual-air cranking, as we roll through the Appalachians.