A Dissappointment
By lindseyg2324 on
2000 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan
We bought our MPV used about 1 yr ago. We bought it knowing the trans drove rough, but thought it would get us through what we needed it to. The previous owners seemed to have no issues with it. Within 3 months the radiator went out. Replaced it right away. 6 months later, engine heads went out. Due to the config. of the engine, it is a very timely & costly repair, in total around 48 hrs. My husband took on the task to save $. It took us 8 months to get that finished. 1 day after the engine was done, the trans finally went out. Replaced it. I don't have faith that this car will last much longer. Sad that it's not working out. Husband is determined to make it last after working so hard.
Favorite Features
It is a very comfortable car to drive. The height of the seat is good inside the car and in combination with the height of the car off the ground, it's really easy to get in and out of, (especially when I was pregnant.) My husband, who has never been a mini van fan, wont let me get rid of this one even with all of it's problems because it's one of the most comfortable cars he's driven. The kids enjoy that the windows roll down in the sliding doors. I have heard that most mini vans don't have that option til much newer years. The back seat folds down easily to make lots of trunk space. For the 2000 mini-van market, I think it is one of the more attractive ones out there.