Used 2000 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

What a hunk-o-junk
By NotaHappyCust

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I bought this van after extensive research into general reliability but I musta got a lemon! In the last six months: corroded coolant lines $600; alternator $800; front brakes (12mos old) $250; driver's window mechanism $800; wiper arm (fell off!) $100; front stabilizer links x2 $250. I could have lived with a gutless wonder with bad gas mileage but not with all these repair bills. I called Mazda but they couldn't have cared less. I feel bad unloading it on somebody but this baby is gone!!! Back to Honda/Toyota for this guy.

It does handle nicely for a van.

Reliability on this one is awful.

It works for me!
By EJH

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

I have owned this car for 4 years and have only had to do routine maintenance and I recently replaced the tires. I love the visibility and although the power is not great, I'm not pulling any heavy loads so it's perfectly adequate for my daily commute.

I like the way it looks, excellent sound system, folding backseat and AC. I would by it again in a heartbeat!

It needs more horsepower
By pearly

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I like the minivan, it's very cute and it's like having a car!!!! and the rear windows go down which is a plus!!! the only thing that i'm gonna say about this van is that it's slow especially up hills, and pick up on the highway is terrible, and the cup holders are just a nono! and could mazda had made bigger tires!!!!!!!!! But the kiddies love it

the radio i have a cd and tape player, and the sliding 2nd row seat. and the third row seat folds down I have a little system

bigger tires, cup holders, better engine. v6 ha! more like v4 needs more horsepower

Honda features without the high price!
By F'Red

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

My brother bought the Honda Odessey and I figured when he drove my MPV he would pan it. Not so. He loved it. He loved the interior, the CD changer, the moonroof option, the handling. My 2000 didn't have the power door option and has the smaller V6 but other than that is has been a great van. The fold and hide rear seat is great and so easy.

Quiet. It is so quiet in town or on the highway; no appreciable wind noise. Love the moonroof option.

A way to fold the 2nd row of seats into the floor like the rear seat. More power (which has been instituted).

Love My Van,Not The Dealer
By Barbara Olson

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I have owned my van for 3and a half years now. I don't think I could ever go back to driving a car. I love the extra protection I feel being up higher and with the size of the van. The only problem I had was it pulled to the left, which my original dealer claimed they fixed. I found my tires on the left side wore out at only 41,000 miles,even though I had them rotated regularly.

I like that the radio,CD player,and other controls are eye level. I like the seats that split apart and the last row of seats that fold away.Comfortable ride,roomy,and quiet.I have 6 cyclinders and that makes for better pick up when merging into traffic.

The cup holders in front are terrible. You have to hold on to drinks when making turns,so that they don't fall out.Control panel should have lighting.