2000 Mazda MPV DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

2000 MPV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Sort Reviews by

Minivan mom
By dcr

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

I had driven several mimivans and hated the way they all drove. I decided to stay with a station wagon until I drove the MPV. I love it! It's roomy, fun to drive and has to be sturdy with my three children. Although it is not a performance vehicle, I didn't need one, I needed a reliable form of transportation that would stand up to the test of rowdy children and that's what I got.

Favorite Features

Roll down rear windows, sliding doors on BOTH sides and CD player.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see it with dutch doors in back.

Nice Minivan
By Bad Dog

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

I am not a big fan of minivans. But as minivans go, this one is ok. It was well designed with some nice features that weren't common when this was new (dual sliding passenger doors with electric windows, slide over middle seat, back seat folds down into the floor or folds back to make a 'tailgate' seat, etc). The stereo system is nice for a factory stereo too. It has run well and we have had no problems with it at all. I would highly recommend the MPV ... if you HAVE to have a minivan.

Favorite Features

Dual passenger doors with electric windows Rear seat maneuverability Stereo Color

Not Perfect, But still the best
By Zoomie Stopper

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

Original owner of the van. After almost two years I have managed to pile up 38k easy miles. Power/Transmission: The engine, a Ford Duratec 2.5L V6, has been very reliable, a little noisey and slightly underpowered. Handling/Ride: Better than most cars, Very satisfying! Wind noise is a little elevated at highway speed but not terrible. Versatility: Flip under third row seat is AWESOME! In my opinion, a must have. This lets you carry ALL your stuff to Grandma and Grandpa's and still haul the grand parents around when you get there. Bottom Line: Still happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Flip under third row seat should be an industry standard. Great handling. Back door windows roll down. Did I mention the flip under third row seat :-)

Suggested Improvements

More power. Smarter tranny. Less wind and engine noise. Longer lasting factory tires (already replaced at 37k)

mazda mpv -great value and reliability
By jeff foster

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

Great vehicle large enough for a family of five. Ease of use, flexible vehicle.

Favorite Features

seating arrangements and fold down rear seat

Suggested Improvements

smoother shufting tranny, better tires

Wanted to Try a Mini Van
By jaenderby

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

I really like the looks and the size of my MPV. However, the pick up is slow and the rear windows make a funny wind tunnel noise. My closest dealer, Cook Mazda is unresponsive. My previous car was a Ford Taurus with over 162,000 miles and I felt the dealerships were superior to Mazda. Don't believe everything they tell you about foreign cars.

Favorite Features

I love the fold down third seat and the sliding second seat.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windows must be improved. Also, it is hard to see over the hood for parking etc..

Great Mini Van
By mdg171

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

Very pleased. Love almost everything about the vehicle. Doesn't seemed underpowered as I have read other reviews. Only complaint is not much leg room in rear seats, but this is a mini van. You won't go wrong with this vehicle. Good gas mileage,not great.

Favorite Features

Love the ride and styling

Suggested Improvements

More room in rear seats. Seats are a little stiff. Video needs to become standard feature.

Love it
By Clayton

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

We love it. It is the best. Nice ride and everything else. We are going to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

2nd row slides back and forth.

Mazda MPV 2000
By dmacns

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

This is a great mini van. Handles better than some cars I've had. Great Quality and solid body. Can't beat the seating that is standard on every MPV.

Favorite Features

The Seating including 4 captain chairs and the rear seat that folds in and never has to be lifted out.

No Title
By Terri1191

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

I am very happy with it and would consider purchasing another one. Really wanted the Mazda SUV, but it wasn't available at the time. The only problems that I have are the power and gas mileage. It has a hard time making it up some of the hills in the area. And, the gas mileage is terrible. Other than that, I am pleased.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. Dash is very well organized. Sliding 2nd row seats and back seat power windows are great features that I use all the time.

Suggested Improvements

Sliding seat placed on driver side, not passenger. Troopers say best place for carseat is on pass. side (less damage in a head on). If a carseat here, you loose sliding feature. On driver side, you still have feature. Probably from Japan where driving is on opp. side.

Great family hauler
By mrf

2000 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

This is a great van. Reliable, comfortable and not huge. Car-like handling and decent mileage (get 23 mpg on highway trips). Van has been excellent in build qulaity and reliability, and we have a very early-production model (April of 1999). Lots of folks gripe about the power...my opinion is that a minivan is not a hot rod, so it has been more than adequate. Besides, the 2002 models get a larger engine.

Favorite Features

Size (just right), reliability, disappearing rear seat, roll-down rear windows, handling, great stereo. Reasonable price.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission can be neurotic in its shifting. OEM Yokohama tires are pretty poor. Cupholders are too shallow.