Used 2000 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Mazda MPV - 5years Old
By EMSKLB

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan

While I was happy with the MPV early on, it appears things are beginning to fail at the 5 year and 90,000 mile mark.

Favorite Features

Drop down rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders need to be deeper. Power for the rear wing windows.

Great LIttle Minivan (As Minivans Go)
By Bad Dog

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I really didn't want to get a minivan, but this is a nice little minivan if you have to have one. It looks pretty sharp, has plenty of zip, the stereo rocks out nicely, and it has nice features ... many of which weren't available on other minivans when I bought this one.

Favorite Features

The rockin' stereo, zippy V6, fold down rear seat (that disappears into the floor), rear cargo area, dual sliding doors, movable center seats, flip-over rear seat that allows you to turn the seat around and use it to sit under the hatch lid while at football games, drive-in movies, etc

Suggested Improvements

Pretty much just the cup holders and the lack of a center console between the front seats.

Luv' my 2000 MPV LX
By Alex

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

First time minivan owner. I really like the flexibility of the seats. I threw a party for my 5 year old and had to borrow chairs from my dad. I removed the 2 second row seats and folded down the 3rd row seat. I was able to haul 50 plastic stacking chairs, 2 six foot plastic tables, 1 large ice cooler, and 8 steam pan holders. Removable seats were fairly light. If you are offered one for under $10,000 with less than 70K miles then go for it!

Favorite Features

Removable second row seats, fold down third row seat, and numerous cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

Spark plug removal could be a little more user-friendly (intake manifold must be removed first).

I like it
By NYer

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

It's a nice looking car, fun to drive, roomy enough for 7 people. My problem is that I had to change all shocks and front tires after less than 33k miles.

Favorite Features

Power windows on sliding door, folding 3rd row seat.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine (not Ford) for fuel economy.

Best Buy out There for a Minivan
By zoom zoom

2000 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan

I love my MPV. It has 115K miles on it, and I've had NO major trouble with it at all. Oil change, rotate, and balance are the only things I've ever done, and it runs like new. The only repairs to this vehicle have been a new lock actuator for the driver's door, and a new cable assembly for the power window in the driver's door. I still have the original brakes on it! My next vehicle will be another MPV!

Favorite Features

I went all out on this one. It has the "touring package." 6-speaker CD system, alarm, wood grain, side airbags, and rear air. People laugh about me driving a minivan, but I love it. I can even parallel park it with ease! Just an overall awesome vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few things I would have done differently. The cupholders tip over too easily. I would have put the sliding seat behind the driver so a car seat could be used behind the passenger and the 3rd row still be accessible. It is a little sluggish going up hill and needs more pick up on the interstate