2000 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Great van!
By Connie on 08/12/10 05:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

I feel so badly when I read about the horror stories of other owners because we have been beyond happy with our van! We purchased it new in 2000 and have had nothing but normal maintenance. The only thing that has now happened twice is that the driver's side sliding door handle has broken. Don't understand this, but if that's the only problem we've had in 10 years, I'm thrilled! We are at 145,000 miles and hope to continue for at least another 50,000?

Great van for the money
By john u on 01/24/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

Bought the van almost 8 years ago and have had only a few issues. Alternator need replacement. Rear hatch struts failed and coolant lines to rear leaked but both were recall items (sure hurt when the hatch slammed onto my head and knocked me to the ground). I've got 165,000 kms on it now and it is rusting like crazy...that is my only real complaint other than the not so great gas mileage and the fact that the van is so boring.

This Van is the WORST EVER!
By Sue on 05/31/06 09:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle is the worst car I have ever owned. We have had to replace the starter, alternator twice, 2 batteries, ABS sensors, driver's side motor that operates the windows, brackets that hold the rear gate up when open, heating/cooling pipes, and 3 transmissions. Most of which has left us with no vehicle while repairs are being done, and no offer to pay for a rental, and note that most repairs take a minimum of 2 days. Some longer as parts have to be ordered from China or Japan or someplace like that. This is the worst experience EVER! Also note that this is our only vehicle and we have 4 children who all involved in activities, not to mention the things that must be done.

Good value
By SuperStar on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

The only problem I had was the Alernator went out at 61000 miles.

Bobbie's MPV
By momatweety on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

This an excellant vehicle. It works for Vacation, work and everyday commute.

Minivan mom
By dcr on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

I had driven several mimivans and hated the way they all drove. I decided to stay with a station wagon until I drove the MPV. I love it! It's roomy, fun to drive and has to be sturdy with my three children. Although it is not a performance vehicle, I didn't need one, I needed a reliable form of transportation that would stand up to the test of rowdy children and that's what I got.