Used 2000 Mazda MPV DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Great van!
By Connie

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

I feel so badly when I read about the horror stories of other owners because we have been beyond happy with our van! We purchased it new in 2000 and have had nothing but normal maintenance. The only thing that has now happened twice is that the driver's side sliding door handle has broken. Don't understand this, but if that's the only problem we've had in 10 years, I'm thrilled! We are at 145,000 miles and hope to continue for at least another 50,000?

fold down seats

better handles on the sliding doors

Great van for the money
By john u

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

Bought the van almost 8 years ago and have had only a few issues. Alternator need replacement. Rear hatch struts failed and coolant lines to rear leaked but both were recall items (sure hurt when the hatch slammed onto my head and knocked me to the ground). I've got 165,000 kms on it now and it is rusting like crazy...that is my only real complaint other than the not so great gas mileage and the fact that the van is so boring.

lots of room for cargo with the seats removed/folded out of the way dual sliding doors

Don't put the spare tire under the car where it will rust in place...very frustrating....and do something to stop the body from rusting so bad!

This Van is the WORST EVER!
By Sue

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

This vehicle is the worst car I have ever owned. We have had to replace the starter, alternator twice, 2 batteries, ABS sensors, driver's side motor that operates the windows, brackets that hold the rear gate up when open, heating/cooling pipes, and 3 transmissions. Most of which has left us with no vehicle while repairs are being done, and no offer to pay for a rental, and note that most repairs take a minimum of 2 days. Some longer as parts have to be ordered from China or Japan or someplace like that. This is the worst experience EVER! Also note that this is our only vehicle and we have 4 children who all involved in activities, not to mention the things that must be done.

Fold down into the floor 3rd bench.

Develop a vehicle that doesn't have to be disassembled every time something has to be replaced or better yet build a van that actually works.

Good value
By SuperStar

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

The only problem I had was the Alernator went out at 61000 miles.

Fold away rear seat which will face to the rear for tail gateing and parade watching.

Return to a standard type alternator.

Bobbie's MPV
By momatweety

2000 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

This an excellant vehicle. It works for Vacation, work and everyday commute.

Rides smooth, and has deep cargo area. I like the way you can move the seats.