Used 1998 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

The best vehicle I have ever owned
By mamadurf

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

We bought our MPV used with 15,000 miles on it. We have taken numerous roadtrips with it and it has more than met our needs. I love the four captains chairs and rear AC. It made trips with teenagers a lot more fun! Unfortunately in the last year, our timing belt belt has broken twice and left me stranded on our local interstate. Luckily, our "new" mechanic told us about the problems and it is now fixed for good!! You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands!!

Captains chairs, rear AC, 4WD.

Mazda MPV
By R. Curry

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

This vehicle was purchased because of its potential in comparison to the current suv's. After owning and driving it for 2 years and finding the depreciation very deflating, I also find the vehicle to be very disappointing. While the room that it boasts of is indeed at first a seller, when you actually utilize it you see that it is more of a mirage. The rear seat does come out easily for extra room but when it comes to folding it down for the space it is bulky. Would I purchase this vehicle again? Not likely. I would probably spend the extra money on the real deal instead of putting good money down the drain.

The open feeling of the cabin makes you feel more at ease with the road and your surroundings. Most of the amenities are close at hand for the driver which makes for a safer trip.

The defrosting system is not really functional. The heat has to stay on when it is humid and cool or the whole car fogs up and you can't see. I've tried everything known and the only thing that works is to crank the heat and make everyone in the cabin uncomfortable.

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

MPV proves to be acceptable alternative to the dreaded minivan. Of all the new cars I have purchased, I was the most skeptical of the MPV. It has proven to be very reliable and the high clearance and 4 wheel drive makes N.E. travel easy; I actually prefer driving this more than my '04 Volvo XC90.

Rear heat/AC, giant sunroof, towing capacity, load leveling package.

Start making the MPV again, new model is just another minivan.

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

MPV proves to be acceptable alternative to dreaded minivan. Of all the new cars I have purchased, I was the most skeptical of the MPV. It has proven to be very reliable and the high clearance and 4 wheel drive makes travel easy. I actually prefer driving this to my 04 Volvo X90.

Rear heat/AC, giant sunroof ,towing capacity,load leveling pkg.

Start making the MPV again.

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

Mpv proves to be acceptable alternative to the dreaded minivan. Of all the new cars I have purchased, I was the most sceptical of the MPV. It has proven to be very reliable and the high clearance and 4 wheel drive makes New England travel easy. I actually prefer driving this more than my '04 Volvo XC90.

Rear heat/AC, giant sunroof, towing capacity, load leveling package.

Start making the with again; new models are just another minivan.