Used 1998 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
'98 Mazda MPV
By Racheal on 12/28/04 20:19 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

Just wanted everyone to know that I always liked my MPV but this car also saved my life. I was in a head-on collision with an F-350 that turned into my path illegally. The positioning of the engine more to the passenger side and the seatbelt/airbag combo are what saved my life. So hats off to the Mazda Manufacturers for safety and a great car.

THE SINGLE MOM'S CAR OF THE YEAR
By GREEK on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

GREAT DURABLE AUTO, ZERO MECHNICAL ISSUES, EASY REPLACEMENT PARTS, LOVE THE REAR SEAT HOW IT IS SO VERSITAL, VERY ACCOMODATING. LOVE RECLINING CAPABILITIES,EASY TO WASH & KEEP CLEAN. LOVE THE A/C FEATURES

Quality questionable
By cjames on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

Interior quality poor. Mechanically average.

I Love My Mazda MPV 8 Seat Van
By Momma on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan 4WD

I love this van. I have the middle bench seat and can carry 8 people which is great for me, my four children and their friends. It has been reliable and all the other mothers have really checked out the sporty styling of my Allsport. Iwould purchase another one in a heartbeat. Sad that they discontinued it. I hope to go to 200K

WANTan SUV but NEED Minivan - Perfect!
By EmPee on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan

The body style is great for those who want an SUV but need a MiniVan.My MPV has great pickup power, it cruises down the highway nicely and is a great family car. It fits in anywhere you go. I wish it had a sunroof though. I find it odd that not both of the windows in the very back pop open and an electric opener for those windows for the driver would be great. Leg room can be a bit of a challenge if you are carting several people over 5'5" in the back. All things considered - I guess the gas mileage isn't too bad - but I average only 19 miles to the gallon - and that is running both AC Units.

Very reliable all weather vehicle
By fontaine on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD

We like our MPV very much. It can go anywhere in the snow, has a great driving position and looks different from anything else on the road. It also has seating for 7 passengers. We have 78000 miles on it and had the muffler system replaced and four disc brakes done(the exhaust system was necessary but the brakes were still working fine at the time). Very reliable. I plan to keep it for a long time, have talked to people who have 250000 miles on theirs. On the negative side it isn't very powerful and the mileage is bad, around 18-20 mpg.

My Family's Experience with the MPV
By sbksuper on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan 4WD

We leased this car in April 1998. We liked that it was a hybrid (not a minivan and not a truck). My kids liked the two captains chairs in the middle row and that they reclined. When one was tired, they could lie across the back seat. However the ride wasn't very smooth and the handling wasn't very secure.

In love with my Mazda MPV
By soccar mom on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

The MPV gave us the sporty look of a SUV but the room (sits up to 7 persons) and rating of a minivan. We have done many road trips in this vehicle and have had no problems. I especially like how it handles in rain and snow conditions. This is a plus when driving around small children.

MPV
By MPV on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

great car drive it 2500 miles on vacation every year