Used 1998 Mazda MPV ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

1998 Mazda MPV

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Most Helpful|
In love with my Mazda MPV
By soccar mom

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

The MPV gave us the sporty look of a SUV but the room (sits up to 7 persons) and rating of a minivan. We have done many road trips in this vehicle and have had no problems. I especially like how it handles in rain and snow conditions. This is a plus when driving around small children.

THE SINGLE MOM'S CAR OF THE YEAR
By GREEK

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

GREAT DURABLE AUTO, ZERO MECHNICAL ISSUES, EASY REPLACEMENT PARTS, LOVE THE REAR SEAT HOW IT IS SO VERSITAL, VERY ACCOMODATING. LOVE RECLINING CAPABILITIES,EASY TO WASH & KEEP CLEAN. LOVE THE A/C FEATURES

Favorite Features

I LOVE THE VARIETY FUNCTIONALITY. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR TRIPS, KIDS AND STUFF FOR THE HOUSE. GOOD FOR TRIPS WITH THE DOGS.

Suggested Improvements

FOG LAMPS BREAK EASILY, USE FLEXIBLE COVERINGS. BETTER MPG A MUST. NEED REAR BUCKET SEATS TO BE REMOVEABLE. NEED FRONT FLOOR CUP HOLDER PLUS. ($, LETTERS, MUSIC, ETC.)

'98 Mazda MPV
By Racheal

1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

Just wanted everyone to know that I always liked my MPV but this car also saved my life. I was in a head-on collision with an F-350 that turned into my path illegally. The positioning of the engine more to the passenger side and the seatbelt/airbag combo are what saved my life. So hats off to the Mazda Manufacturers for safety and a great car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features were the way the doors opened all the way in the back and the design fit all four of my growing boys and our German Shepherd dog. I also like the SUV 'wanna-be' style.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is the rear cup holder position. Between the seats is a bad place and built in to the door arm rests would be better placing.