1996 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Unbelievable Vehicle

1996 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

DX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Unbelievable Vehicle
By Jim on

1996 Mazda MPV DX 4dr Minivan

I bought our '96 Mazda MPV in Sept. 2003 with 145,000 miles on it. Today it has 202,000 and is still going strong. I have only had to replace the starter, spark plug wires, belt tensioner and just recently the radiator. That's it. It runs like a clock. It is quite comfortable. I drive it for 10-12 hours at a stretch and have no problems. I saw the identical vehicle in a parking lot today and sought out the owner to see if he was interested in selling. I would buy another today if I had the chance.

Overall quality of construction. A solid, reliable, comfortable, economical vehicle. It just ... runs!

Make third seat fold to the floor, make it easily removable, or something. It is fine as a third row seat, but is cumbersome and difficult to contend with if you want to load anything in the back of the vehicle. Practically NO room behind 3rd seat for luggage or anything else. Small matter to me!