1996 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Bessy is reliable

1996 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

Bessy is reliable
By gallatea on

1996 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan

I bought my MPV from an elderly couple when she was already 9 years old. People scoffed at me for doing so. I am laughing all the way to the bank. I had a tune up and timing belt replacement done initially and new tires - expensive, but worth every penny. She's been on a cross country trip and has transported many heavy things, many times. Everytime I think she's a geeky vehicle, I am reminded how roomy and comfy she is again and again. Almost 12 years old now and never had a mechanical problem yet (or an interior problem). Paint is in very good condition too, still glistens with a wax. Best road trip vehicle I've ever had. Great in wet weather too.

The boxy trunk - you will be amazed at what you can fit into this compartment. The 4 captains chairs are also very comfy for passengers too. It's the only suv that I don't feel sick in while sitting in the back seat. Great visibility.

Gas mileage, but hey, this is not a compact car, so you shouldn't be surprised by this.