1996 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Unbelievable Vehicle
By Jim on 06/07/05 22:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Mazda MPV Minivan DX 4dr Minivan

I bought our '96 Mazda MPV in Sept. 2003 with 145,000 miles on it. Today it has 202,000 and is still going strong. I have only had to replace the starter, spark plug wires, belt tensioner and just recently the radiator. That's it. It runs like a clock. It is quite comfortable. I drive it for 10-12 hours at a stretch and have no problems. I saw the identical vehicle in a parking lot today and sought out the owner to see if he was interested in selling. I would buy another today if I had the chance.

MPV fan for life
By 4WDMPVfan on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Mazda MPV Minivan DX 4dr Minivan

Wish I could afford to buy one of these new. Our first 4WD MPV was a used '91. Had 121,000 miles on it when we traded and never gave us any serious trouble. We traded for used 96 MPV 4WD. So far the 96 has had no problems either and it has 94,000 miles on it now. I feel very secure in this vehicle. It has a quality feel to it. It's been hit twice with relatively minor damage. I was told they are hard to find used because nobody wants to let go of them. If they don't make more this one will probably die of old age.