1994 Mazda MPV 2.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Will keep forever

1994 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

Base Passenger Minivan (2.6L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Will keep forever
By MPV man on

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

Bought new. Now 136,000 miles, mostly trouble free. Parked 9 years in Texas sun and paint looks new. Mechanical problems have included valve job for noisy valves, new water pump, new radiator, new fuel pump, and new speedometer. That's the complete list in 9 years of driving. Last year I installed new leather seats as the original front ones were cracking (probably from parking in the sun). Have added a DVD/TV with rear monitor for the kids. It has been so cheap to own and maintain I plan to keep it another 10 years. Not a flashy vehicle, but reliability has been spectacular. A great buy used as prices are low and don't reflect high quality and reliability of this van.

Favorite Features

Compact diminsions and non attention getting. No worries about my high end audio video system because theifs don't even look at this old model.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power and a bit more sound insulation so I can hear the quiet passages in my DVD's a little easier!