Used 1994 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

love mpv mazda
By mazda

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

i have had the Mazda for 15 years and we have only had a problems once in a while it great and dirt roads and never lost power my only wish is that they didn't make this model now a days

engine is quite and handle great and has much space wouldn't trade it in for anything also love the power and hold button located on the gear shift

not that stylish but i have put on objcts to make it look better

It's Ok, but never again.
By Astroboy

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

In the year I have owned this van I have replaced or rebuilt the transmission, starter motor, alternator, the turn signal module, and the battery. Engine leaks oil. It has left us stranded so many times, it is beyond understanding. It would not be so bad if once it was fixed it had some power but that is not the case. It ran fine when I bought it privately, but when I when I went to the dealer with questions I was regarded as the devil himself.

The four wheel drive is great in snow and the air conditioning works very well.

Put a decent performance engine in these vans! They are gutless. It is not recommended topull trailers with them as they can't do it. The gas mileage is poor. We now see the interior is cramped with little storage space behind the rear seat.

Rear Wheel mini-van is best
By plasticsman

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

We have 173,000 miles on our '94 MPV with 3.0 Liter V-6. No problems with engine, transmission or A/C in 15 years! Gets 22.88 MPG on the Highway. Pulls a 21' Wellcraft Boat since it has the tow package and is Rear Wheel Drive. Made in Japan and it shows. Took seats out and it is great for trips to Home Depot or Garden Center. Small turning radius is handy when parking downtown. We recently had it painted since we plan on keeping it forever. Not flashy but very dependable and versatile. Low insurance premiums and decent on gas. Stuart FL

Rear Wheel Drive

Could use more HorsePower.

Cool Family Van
By Coolest VAN/SUV

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

This MPV has been a joy for me, since I have owned it for one year, it has been a great utility car, that you can use for towing/family use/and also to do errands as well. This car has been really good for going over on the grass or just any where that you would not get stuck much. Since I have owned this car, I have had to fix the radiator hose that connects the the engine block, that was rubbing against the compressor, and I have also had to fix the speedometer. Later I looked under the car and the wire that hooks up to the speedometer was loose. Simple problem to fix, tighten up the wire thats under the drive train. Overall, this van/suv/truck, as I use it, has been great.

Feels like a truck/van/suv. There is a lot of room in the back for pets, also for people and a lot of room for heavy loads as well. Also, if you want to take short cuts through valleys and woods, its a great car to do that, with people and cargo and pets in it. Plus, sound system is also really good.

Wobbles too much when off roading, speedometer will malfunction with so many miles on it, power steering does not stay straight, hose will sometimes leak, cruise control also will malfunction as well, wobbles side to side when going speeds 75-80, not very good in high fast winds outside going 60 MPH.

You won't get a better Deal
By Bhupesh

1994 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I have been a proud owner of this vehicle since past one year, I has given me the money worth I paid for. When I compare this with other much Hyped cars like Honda and Toyota, i feel I got a very good deal. I am satisfied. Thanx Mazda

Riding Comfort