Used 1993 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Old but Good
By glbright

1993 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

Bought this 1993 MPV 10 years ago for $2k. So far it's probably set me back $8k in repair bills. No matter. This has been one fine vehicle that has saved my ass more than once. It's still a daily driver and still a keeper. The body is fine, people stare. Right down my alley.

Worthless to anyone else but me.

Build a new 2015 version.

mpv
By Tom

1993 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

Probably made better then the newer minivans with all the problems aka transmission failures. It is an older vehicle so what can you expect right. At start up it runs very rough and there is a clicking noise coming from the engine. It is hard starting at times and then it is fine. It isn't very good on gas that's for sure. The slow opening back door is annoying. You need really long arms to reach the controls feels like its a strain to push the buttons. The far back seat is not removable. Lacks power going up hills. Built better then today's vehicles that are made to fall apart.

The removable back seat(middle row only), locking gas, cup holders,functioning rear windshield wiper, folding rear seats, these vans tend to run forever and can handle wear and tear and mileage.

Needs key-less locks, power windows, a 4th door, a little more power for the engine, resolve the problem with the starter, these vehicles are also known for their belt problems. It couldn't be a much uglier vehicle. For such a gutless vehicle it should get better gas mileage. Terrible glove box.

I DON'T WANT TO LET IT GO!
By Lara

1993 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

My van is now 16 years old and I can't find anything I like as much to replace it. This van has been a blast to drive, it's been reliable (even through the snow in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for 4 years!), and really hasn't had much problem except 2 timing belts in 185,000 miles of use. I love this van, and I'm mourning that my old friend is getting old and that I'm going to have to part with it. (I missed the CARS-cash for clunkers-program because I just couldn't part with it yet!) I just love my van! (This is 8-28-2009) and wish I could get another just like it! ***(My annual mileage has really varied greatly through the years. 20000 was an average.)

4WD, visibility, and zoom-zoom (SO fun to drive-- never ever felt like a mini- van!)

Remake the MPV of 1993 today!

Keeps going
By pkarn114

1993 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

Puchased as a "family car" when kids started coming. At 12 years old it looked great in and out and engine. Only 75000 mi, now have 95000 mi love the four wheel drive with lock out. No maint problems so far. Good field of view for driving. 14.9 mpg on 87 oct in town like clock work, highway 87 oct 18-19mpg with 89 oct 23 mpg, 93 oct no change over 89.

4wd, field of view, rear heat, well thought out for varity of uses.

Better turn radius, larger fuel tank maby 25 gal instead of 19 would be nice.

Very Dependable!
By MCK

1993 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle, wonderful to travel long distance in. Fits a lot of people. Dependable and really reliable. Not the prettiest van out there, but the van does have some pick up and go :)

Reliable, dependable, good family car. can take out seats for more space. The rear a/c and heater.

Full size spare. Address timing belt and starter motor issues.