1992 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Last of The Best
By 3.0 3dr MiniVan on 11/29/09 03:28 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this van as a second car fixer-upper. I was surprised at the 3.0 engine coming back to life with a new a/c compressor, cooling system transplant, new belts, and hoses, and a simple tune-up. This mpv has a power button transmission option for towing trailers which I had serviced for $43. Has enough room for my family of 5 to travel around Florida at easy with our luggage. Great van, truck & addition to our family. I recommend this mpv van renovation to any family who wants a minivan/truck 4 under $6000.

A great all around van
By seattle pi on 03/03/05 13:02 PM (PST)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I've had own many people movers and haulers. This van meets all the requirements of an all around vehicle. Very reliable and ergonomically pleasant to be in. With today's prices on a used version, this minivan is a great buy. Definitely the best "bang for the buck" that I've gotten out of a automobile! Kudos to Mazda!

92 mazda, red, 2 wheel drive
By Larry K. on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

We bought this van in 1993, it had 21k on it. We were still elgible for the Mazda factory warranty, which came in handy a few times.I have had the oil changed faithfully every 3k miles with Castrol 10w30 motor oil.Other regular maintenance items have also been done to it. Also other items such as struts, shocks etc. have also been done. It now has over 227k on it, and still runs good. Of course it has had it's share of repairs that were not maintenance related,but overall pretty good.

4.5 out of 5
By Andrewhan on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this MPV last year and added 10,000 KM on the car. Compared to other friend's experience, I only do regular oil changes and the only two fixes I did are: 1. steeling pipe broken (rusted after 10 years) 2. Shortcut after 3000 KM driving. A very good car to keep. 4.5 out of 5.

Well-built minivan
By timski on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

Bought ours used about 2 years ago with 103k miles. Fit and finish are still excellent, everything works. Handling is solid and neutral - good tires make a big difference. Typically makes 18mpg in town which isn't bad considering engine size and weight of vehicle. Smooth ride, good ergonomics for driver (except cruise control location on dash!). The engine on ours occasionally has fairly loud valvetrain noise - apparently a problem with this model year. Dealer had fixed it once before we owned it, but it's back. Everything else so far has been bulletproof - AC, brakes, transmission.

Very dependable vehicle
By Borme on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

I purchased this minivan with about 70000 miles on it and now have about 178000. I have found it to be a very reliable vehicle, with the engine and the transmission still being original. It could use a little more power, but as I approach 200000 miles I can not complain about the service it has given our family. Our opinion is that it is a nicer, more comfortable van to drive than other vans of the same age.

MPV is Reliable
By felishia on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I've had this vehicle for almost 10 years now and it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

definetly reliable, a real workhorse.
By john on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I DONT KNOW WHAT THESE OTHER GUYS ARE COMPLAING ABOUT .I BOUGHT MINE AT 120K AND HAVE DRIVEN IT FOR FIVE YEARS WITH ONLY A TIMING BELT BREAKING AT 128K.NOT A BIG DEAL.NVER FAILED TO START.EASY TO WORK ON,REAR WHEEL DRIVE.GOOD WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION,PREDICTABLE HANDLING.AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE THAT HAS GOT SOME DECENT FEATURES.I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY.

Better luck elsewhere
By dpjazzsax on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

My 1992 MPV is my second Mazda van (along with my 4 cyl. 1989 which was a much more reliable vehicle) and is a reasonably comfortable and good-driving minivan. But a new engine top end at 35K miles, new automatic transmission at 66K miles, annual air conditioning recharges/repairs, timing belt breaks at 40K miles, etc. were the main problems. And I REALLY maintained this vehicle well. Mazda corp. cusomer service was also less than stellar when I asked for some adjustment on the transmission and was told "too bad". My cost to drive was only a little less than the payment on my new Toyota Matrix XRS!