Used 1991 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

I love this car
By becky

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I just recently got my mazda but it has been a life saver. I have two kids (so far) and this van has made it possible for me to feel safe with my kids in the car, it has been a fun and reliable vehicle to have.

The size is not too big, but it holds everything my family needs

Better gas mileage would be great

good around town van
By jota

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this van six years ago for only $800. It had 123,000 miles on it and it now has 160,000. It performed great on long trips to southern Mexico and back. I've had some engine work done once after it blew a belt and overheated, but other than that it's been regular maintenance. Over the years it's cost me $98/month to run (less gas and insurance). I now have a 1996 MPV but can't part with the 1991. It's comfortable, you sit up high, it's simple to fix, and it's inexpensive to run. I would probably still drive it across country if pressed.

Visibility and driving position. There's nothing like it. Dependability. It's starting to look cool now that it's 15 years old.

The small four cylinder has to work hard on hills. The fourth door would have been nice. The AC could be better. The transmission isn't smooth.

Nice value
By ILUVMAZDAS

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

This is not your normal minivan. The hinged rear doors make it seem more like a large station wagon. The only thing that needed major repair was the A/C. After 12 years the compressor started leaking and had to be replaced, but I live in AZ and use it A LOT. Otherwise, very dependable although the transmission isn't the smoothest shifter around.

Fold-up back seat, hinged back doors.

Bigger cargo area, more engine hp, smoother shifting transmission

?
By bhp13

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

This car looks great and is reliable. My has never broken down in its life. People are suprised to find that this is a minivan. Usally people are skeptic when it comes to minivans, they think they are ugly but this isnt.

Stereo is good, with the two small factory subs on the doors. It is faster than other minvans I have seen.

The shifting of the gear needs some imporvement.

Horriable engine
By Jennifer Hooten

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

The van is a piece of junk, the engine quality is horriable, when I start my vehicle it doesn't want to run and I have to let it warm up for 20 minutes before it will even go other wise it sputs and has absolutly no power, it will also die if I don't let it warm up

seats