1991 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
I love this car
By becky on 01/06/10 17:38 PM (PST)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I just recently got my mazda but it has been a life saver. I have two kids (so far) and this van has made it possible for me to feel safe with my kids in the car, it has been a fun and reliable vehicle to have.

good around town van
By jota on 08/05/06 13:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this van six years ago for only $800. It had 123,000 miles on it and it now has 160,000. It performed great on long trips to southern Mexico and back. I've had some engine work done once after it blew a belt and overheated, but other than that it's been regular maintenance. Over the years it's cost me $98/month to run (less gas and insurance). I now have a 1996 MPV but can't part with the 1991. It's comfortable, you sit up high, it's simple to fix, and it's inexpensive to run. I would probably still drive it across country if pressed.

Nice value
By ILUVMAZDAS on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

This is not your normal minivan. The hinged rear doors make it seem more like a large station wagon. The only thing that needed major repair was the A/C. After 12 years the compressor started leaking and had to be replaced, but I live in AZ and use it A LOT. Otherwise, very dependable although the transmission isn't the smoothest shifter around.

?
By bhp13 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

This car looks great and is reliable. My has never broken down in its life. People are suprised to find that this is a minivan. Usally people are skeptic when it comes to minivans, they think they are ugly but this isnt.

Horriable engine
By Jennifer Hooten on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

The van is a piece of junk, the engine quality is horriable, when I start my vehicle it doesn't want to run and I have to let it warm up for 20 minutes before it will even go other wise it sputs and has absolutly no power, it will also die if I don't let it warm up

MPV review
By batrat00 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan 4WD

Very nice for a van, one of the best things about this van is that it is very reliable, one of the best cars I ever owned and surely one of the most reliable.

Surprisingly Great Car
By Mazdaowner on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

We bought our 1991 Mazda new in 1991. Except for normal replacements of tires, brakes, muffler system, radiator, battery, and ignitor, the van has run great for 12 years and 180000 miles - original engine and transmission. After 180,000 miles and 12 years we were considering an Oddesey only because the new Mazda vans don't allow the back and middle seats to fold down to make a flat bed for sleeping. Recent reviews on used Oddesys's convinced us to keep our 91 van and keep up the routine maintenance.

Good but not good on gas
By Donald Boyd on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this used and it has been faithful in starting up every morning even on the cold days we've had. Have replaced normal things like the battery, and had some problems with the front brakes that required a caliber replacement, but since then no problem. This would have been better with a somewhat smaller engine but it has been VERY useful.

Why?!
By bee on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

I bought this car as a temporary replacement and drove it for three weeks. It has been in the auto shop ever since. The car would die on me just as i stopped at a gas station and would die on sharp turns. Do not, repeat, do not waste your money on this piece of junk.