1990 Mazda MPV 2.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - When it breaks, I'll sell

1990 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Review

1990 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

When it breaks, I'll sell it...
By karll22 on

1990 Mazda MPV 3dr Minivan

260,000 plus miles. Bought it new. 4cylinder automatic. No problems I couldn't fix myself, although I'm a mechanical engineer by training. Hasn't been babied, but never abused, either. Used as a daily driver to ferry kids and cargo, and commute. Little rust for its age. Interior, except for stained floormats, is almost as new. Everything still works. Tires, belts, hoses, plugs/wires, shocks/struts, brakes, and battery have been replaced. An ignition module and radiator were the only significant failures. Hoping to find a late model "tall wagon" as a replacement that'll give as good of service.

Favorite Features

Handling, reliability, body integrity.Big 4 cylinder engine that is relatively accessible.

Suggested Improvements

Make the new products reliable and energy efficient. Maximum horsepower ratings shouldn't be more important than energy efficiency and low end torque.[Torque is what you use and feel,horsepower is what you calculate] Make mechanical & electrical components accessible and inexpensively serviceable.