Used 2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

I love my Millenia!
By Micheele

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Millenia one year ago and still loving it! Got a fantastic deal on it, only regret is that I did not upgrade to the "S". My husband wanted a Maxima, but I had spotted the Millenia a couple of years ago and had my eye on it. Finally decided to get it when we heard it was being discontinued. Expect to keep it for many years. We always get compliments on what a sharp-looking car it is, and people are always amazed at the incredible interior once they step inside.

Favorite Features

Heated seats!! The lighted odometer controls are clear and easy to read, even during the day. Car is very comfortable and we love the steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise.

Suggested Improvements

More power, legroom, and the jerky shifting of the automatic engine definitely needs to be addressed.

Great Car For the Money
By DEB

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

We went to the dealer prepared to buy the Mazda 6. While browsing the inventory my wife spotted this Millenia among the other cars. It was love at first sight. Great looking car compared to the 6's. Test drive was the kicker and huge price reduction from sticker ($8k).

Favorite Features

Sweet Supercharged Miller Cycle Engine

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Smoother shifts up and down. Shifts also seem to be undecided and sometimes at wrong intervals! More front seat leg room!

Fantastic Car for the money
By LeatherPig

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Almost every hot option in other cars was standard on this car. Can NOT be beaten for the money. Without a doubt, my favorite car I have owned!

Favorite Features

Leather Interior Climate Control Power Point in the center console where it belongs!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more leg room for those of us who are over 6'2" would be appreciated, but I've given up on car makers thinking of us tall folks.

Keep building this beauty!
By tigran

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a sedan for over six months, and my searches narrowed down to two vehicles: Maxima and Millenia. Even that took me a while to choose: powerful engine or smooth ride of better-looking car. I am happy with my purchase, even it is not a "most recommended" car. Standard features can be compared only to Maxima's GLE. Plus Millenia is a better-looking car (Maxima’s rear end is ugly even on '02 models with spoiler). For the money I paid for used '02 Millenia I could not get even ‘02 Maxima GXE. The Millenia drives smoother than the Maxima. However, if you prefer power over the comfort of a nice car, go with Maxima.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, attractive looking inside and outside, impressive built quality, the 2,5L engine is not so underpowered as many people state, and it is quieter than the famous Maxima's engine, nice looking instrument panel and the entire dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Some road noise (mostly because of sporty high performance Michelin tires), transmission is not as smooth as on Maxima.

So Far So Good
By salukiman

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great deal on price. Went to buy a 626, came home with a Millenia. One of the most visually appealing sedans on the road. Well proportioned look. Am told reliability will be good. Would be concerned about depreciation, but expect to keep it several years. My prior Mazda was a very good vehicle. I am generally satisfied. Too bad it is discontinued.

Favorite Features

Styling. Seats. Suspension. Middle visor. Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Underpowered. Rough shifting, especially at city speeds. Need more head/leg room.