Used 2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

mydreamcar
By Firefly1

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I loved these cars when I first saw them in '01, but could not afford them. Every time I saw one on the road I would just stare and picture myself in it. My husband presented my beautiful car to me on our 25th anniversary. It was the exact color I wanted; white with metallic flakes and sand color on bottom. It was in showroom condition! Still has the new car smell, and under half the new car price.

Favorite Features

Everything! I tested the 2005 Maxima; looked at the 2005 Accord and you just can't get the amenities that come with this car in them. In the Toyota these would be option, option, options! Plus Toyo is overpriced. I get looks everywhere I go. I refuse to park close to stores and I don't mine the walk.

Suggested Improvements

None. Mazda 6 and the Mazda 3 are so ugly. I am very, very happy with my car.

my Mazda
By riviboi

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used. It has been a pleasure to drive. I have had an alignment problem as it drifts right and has ruined a set of tires in 12k miles. The dealer was not helpful and Mazda NEVER returned my call. The paint on the mirrors at the joining edge to the car has peeled off. Again no help from the dealer. It also shifts poorly on occasion or skips.

Favorite Features

Auto climate control, auto tilt steering, superb stereo with steering wheel controls and very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Dealer and Mazda Motors response to customers. Transmission and paint.

Bring Millenia Back!
By zarkoe

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan Premium Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is an awesome car that I purchased after researching among more than 50 different cars. You see, there was a lot to look at and compare; I compared from used to new cars. I compared all of the above evaluation points and after 1 full year of looking between newspapers, car books, magazines, websites, and other means I came up with a few finalists. These were Avalon, Camry, Maxima, Mazda 6 and WRX. After driving the Mazda 6 before making my final decision, I had no doubt in my mind that the Millenia was the overall winner, even though it was more expensive than the Mazda 6 with an automatic tip-tronic transmission. My Millenia S is used but everyone thinks it's brand new; awesome car!

Favorite Features

Miller Cycle engine; can't they put one of those in every Mazda.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the car back and use a bigger engine to give it more horse power; it's very possible. If they do I'll buy it, no more research!

A decent car....
By Mudbone

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Got a good end of production deal on the Millenia - 5k rebate w/the dealer taking another 3k off sticker. Great looking car with lots of room. The ride is stiff with the performance tires. Very wide turning radius. The vehicle sits low so it's not e-z to get out of.

Favorite Features

It's fast!

Suggested Improvements

Better quality leather, quieter cd changer, trip computer, outside temp gauge that goes over 100 degrees. Trunk hinges can kill your groceries

Not a bad car for the price
By Steve

2002 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years, and I am generally pleased. It rides well, has a luxurious feel, and good handling. It is also very safe. The car was slammed into by another vehicle, and I was fully protected. Premium gas is a bit steep, but mileage is good. Very nice family car for the money. I purchased this rather than a Honda Accord, and I am glad I did.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, leather seats, comfortable ride, solid feel

Suggested Improvements

Car is no longer manufactured.