2002 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
2002 Mazda Millenia
By jwanzer on 02/19/13 21:23 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I do not like this car and i do not recamend it unless you have a lot of money. This is my first car and i got it for my 16th birthday. I have spend around $2000 getting repairs done on it and I have only had it for about a year and half. It is terrible on gas. Since i have got the car i have has to replace the timing belt, change the radiator, all the spark plugs, the thermostat, the cords too the spark plugs and more. It coast way to much to get fixed and the check engine light has be on constantly, no matter what i get done it will not go off. Although it is a nice car I do not reccomend it to anyone. Also something is still wrong with the car and it wont even run now.

Great Value
By Victoria on 05/11/10 02:18 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am just about to finalize the purchase my second Millenia today. My first was a 1999 (2.5 L, not the S) which had 30k miles when purchased, used as a daily driver and sold with approx 130k miles, still strong expect for bad rear mail seal. Wonderful car aside from eventually developing the leaking rear main seal which these cars are notorious for. Luxury at a fraction of the cost and very dependable for the most part. If you can find one with low miles that hasn't been abused BUY IT.

Mazda Millenia
By frankie on 03/30/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2008, very good mileage 72,900. Love this car handles great good gas mileage looks great. Wish they bring them back 2011.

Good used value, but no Toyonda
By Nick Naylor on 11/05/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Good value used...bought the car real cheap, and since it looks like a Lexus and has similar interior craftsmanship it is a great value. Very comfortable seats. Nicely equipped. Good brakes and nice handling. A joy to drive on windy roads. However, not all is well. Transmission needed replacement at 65k miles. Even after replacement, 1-2 shift is somewhat harsh, a seemingly common issue with this car (does not lead to long term confidence). Check Engine light is perennially on (EGR Valve). slight oil and coolant leaks. Previous owner or subpar reliability in general? In general, a comfortable nice car that is not a paragon of Japanese quality.

mixed bag
By NN on 07/23/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Can be a great value as a used car, so definitely worth a look for the nice interior design & materials, smooth ride, and upscale, if somewhat generic, Japanese sedan look. However, poor interior packaging makes this somewhat large sedan small on the inside (uncomfortable to drive w/knees splayed out--I'm 6'3"). Also, they have harsh shifting auto trannies with poor reliability, and other reliability issues as well. 170hp base engine is pretty weak. Fuel economy for a sedan is only 23mpg mixed city/hwy, and worst of all, requires premium fuel! If the tranny was smooth, there was another few inches of driver legroom, and my check engine light would turn off...then I'd probably love it!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
By ACC on 08/14/08 22:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say about this car? An All- American (Ford) girl myself, I thought I would never buy a foreign car but I am sold!!! I bought the Millenia after my Ford Contour (still one of my favorite cars) transmission went bad. I needed a car ASAP, and I actually bought the Millenia knowing little about it. Oh, ignorance is bliss. I'm so excited!!! I love this car, and I pray that Mazda will bring it back soon! I would buy another one (even new) all over again.

4 Year Review
By MN Mazda on 08/23/07 03:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new at great price in March 03. Still like the looks of the car. Car is very quiet and smooth riding, a luxury ride yet handles extremely well. Main complaint is seats are painful on long trips. Solved problem with a sheepskin seat cover. Gas mileage is good, 27-28 on highway and 22-24 in mixed driving easy on the acceleration. No expenditures on than normal front brake replacement/maintenance. Car sits low compared to today's cars making it harder to get in and out but doesn't bother me. No squeaks or rattles. Looks brand new after 4 years. Great silver paint. If you want a luxury look and feel vehicle without the luxury price this is an awesome car.

Absolutely love my car!!
By Brooke on 07/17/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my car. I have owned this car for approximately 2 years and have loved every minute of it. This car rides like a dream. It is probably the smoothest riding car that I have ever been in, with the exception of a Lincoln Town car.

Japanese Ford
By Tyrone on 08/19/06 16:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

No problems since purchase 18 months ago. Only pay for oil and gas. Get 26 mpg usually. In Florida summer drops to 24 with AC on full time. Real nice, you don't pass yourself often. Don't have turbo or supercharger, get it if you can. Just wish I hadn't paid as much at dealership. Not Fair & Square as advertised.

Lemon?
By kahuna on 08/13/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Millenia new in 2002. Had problems with it from beginning. It is the white with gold bottom. Loved all the extras for the price. Very loud interior road noise. So bad you can't talk on cell. Engine light problems early on, caused by Mazda requiring premium fuel--which they later revised--but not until they had to work on the engine 5 times! Very tough dealing with Mazda. I read other reviews about how quiet theirs are. I wonder if we're talking about the same car. I even bought new tires that are supposed to be known for their quiet ride. When those didn't help, I realized it was the car. I'm glad all the others are satisfied. It was a lot of car for the price, but a lemon!

1 2 3 4 5 next »