Used 2001 Mazda Millenia S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

An excellent car
By Big Jake

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Other than the timing belt and IAC valve I have not had any problems with this car.It has a lot of pep for a tiny 2.3L V6,enough to entertain me on a boring day.

standard side airbags,traction control, and abs.

A 5 speed transmission (Automatic or Manual.) would have been nice. Intercoolers that are not in the engine compartment

Outstanding, Understated, and Overlooked
By apphillips

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I've owned the Mazda Millenia S, which I purchased from a dealer off lease return for several years now. I've always thought that the car was underappreciated for its lovely styling. Okay, it's not a head turner, but I think it is one of the more attractive cars out there. It is completely rock solid. Spartan compared to say Lexus, but has everything I need/want. Too bad they quit making this lovely car.

Solid mechanicals; lovely looks; comfortable. NO extra junk that breaks.

Clock display difficult to read (glare), funky climate control, two-toned interior could be a bit nicer.

Under Valued
By rnfis

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I think Mazda should really consider re-making the MMS! I've ave. btwn 22 and 28mpg. It's grt on the highway and has plnty of pep when you need it. The leather dsn't get too warm when the sun beats on it all day. Recently had the opp to take a long ride w/ 4 adults and 1 child. We had plenty of room inside for of us. Lumbar sppt is a nice add on during long trips. I don't inticipate using the seat wrmers too much here in So. Cal. but the car is complete to say the least. Yes it would be nice to have a navigation system but for those on the go, Garmin 2620 is far better than factory installed ones I've come accross and cost much less.

Bose stereo is great. Six disk in dash changer is easy to use. It has the 9 speakers and plenty of boost. Mazda has done a great job of keeping outside noise out so you can enjoy some tunes on the road.

On the stearing wheel, the middle button to cancel the cruise control and select the radio options should be more like the other two. Make the whole button useful. Also adding memory position to the seat for muliple driver would be nice.

Millenia Strong performance/price ration
By MilleniaSowner

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Mazda Millenia offers excellent value for the price. It is comfortable, handles well and has good acceleration. The Miller S engine is very smooth with good top end power. The interior is well designed with easy to read guages and all controls within a comfortable distance to the driver. The seats are a little low but still comfortable even on long trips. Mazda could have designed the interior with more wood grain and higher quality leather to better compare to other luxury cars like Lexus or BMW. Overall I am extremely happy and enjoy the Millenia very much. I have not had one mechanical or quality issue.

Miller S engine

Higher end look for the interior Better Leather on Seats

Well-Balanced Between Ride and Handling
By texasjps

2001 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned 2 Mazda 626s and 2 Mazda MPVs. My last 626 was totalled, so I decided to move up to a Millenia. I went and test drove one and knew right away it was the car I wanted. I found an "S" with the Miller-cycle engine. What a great engine! Smooth and quiet, yet very responsive. This car has a perfect balance between smooth, luxurious ride and road feel. Everything about the car says quality. The fit and finish is outstanding. The Miller-cycle engine should be an option for all of their vehicles that have V-6 engines. I have owned many Japanese and American cars. In my opinion for price and quality Mazda beats them all.

Zoom-Zoom handling balanced with luxurious ride. Miller-cylce engine - so smooth and quiet with tons of power. Leather on the seats is much better quality than Honda/Acura leather.

Bose stereo sounds great, but doesn't work and play well with others. Can't upgrade to MP3 player without ripping out all the Bose speakers and wiring. The outside temperature reading only goes up to 99. Bring back the Millenia and the Miller-cycle engine!