Used 2001 Mazda Millenia Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

2001 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Projected Reliability
By mestratus

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car from the showroom - Brand new it looked inviting, but as it turned out, everything that could go wrong...went wrong - I had to have constant expensive repairs - Right after the warranty ran out, I purchased another warranty costing 2,000.00 for another 5 years, but the auto adjustable steering column jammed and none of it was covered - Costs over 600.00 to repair - The engine (problem) light has spent more time being on, than off - Just about everything that you can replace on an engine, had to be replaced - The catalytic converter has to be replaced at a cost of over 2,000.00 again ! - And all this well before the car has 60,000 miles on it - Projected reliability ???

Favorite Features

I will be purchasing a new Toyota in the very near future

Suggested Improvements

I tried to express my disappointment at such a poor performance for an automobile that didn't have that much mileage, purchased new from Martin Mazda, who has always done all my service, when service was required...to the Mazda company themselves and was basically told; 'too bad...your warranty had ended' - Trying to express the fact that a car shouldn't have that many mechanical problems with the low amount of mileage it had...these are the extenuating circumstances, that maybe they could give me a bit of consideration that I really should get, considering I paid well over 30,000 for it ! - I would definitely not recommend purchasing a Mazda due to their great lack of concern for customers

Great Car
By lilred100

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 120k, drove 2 years and 20k miles before car was totaled by insurance company. Did well in the accident, no injuries despite driver's side impact. Fun to drive, sporty, sharp rims, great stereo. Minor, inexpensive repairs: thermostat, motor mounts and a fuse. A/C compressor was starting to go out. Visor mirror and one vent cover came unglued otherwise interior looked almost new. Took on lots of highway trips for work and did great at high speeds, comfortable on long drives. Adjustable seats and steering wheel give a good custom fit for the driver. My mechanic said it was a great car, I would buy another mazda in a heartbeat. Got about 18/24 mpg.

Favorite Features

Stereo, leather, rims, sunroof, comfortable seats (fully adjustable up/down and back and forth), reliable, safe.

Suggested Improvements

Interior heating/cooling controls are a little counter-intuitive. Car could be higher off the ground- have to go very, very slow over bumps and it is not fun in rain storms with lots of standing water.

don't buy this car
By jay

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

don;t buy buy a mazda millenia , i got this car brand new and after 2 years i had the engine light on so every times is a new problem w this horrible car ,trams, censors, power doors , leaks, and all kind of problems i sold my mazda to junk for 300 cause i dint wanna pay more money , buy a honda or toyota ,

Suggested Improvements

this is a junk car there is no improvements that can fix this horrible car

engine lights
By ELAINE HARVILL-GREAT

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my mazda except for all the engine lights coming on even though nothing is wrong with my car. It still cost alot every time I take it to the dealership. Like $1000.It only stays off a few months. Now both the engine light and the air bag light are both on. I have75000 miles on my car and this has happened about 10 times. I would NOT recommend it or buy another for this reason.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE ENGINE LIGHTS, SO THEY DON'T COME ON EVERY 6MOS.,

still love it after all of these years
By rocco

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 01 and have about 105000 miles on it. I still love it! It's a sharp looking car and extremely comfortable, even for someone pretty large (6'2", 300) No major repairs, just fairly normal maintenance. The steering wheel that automatically raises when you take the key out and lowers to your pre-selected driving position when you put the key in is getting fussy in cold weather and stays in the up position, but I've simply turned off the auto feature for the winter and will reset come springtime. I'll keep her until she falls apart around me.

Favorite Features

Sharp looking, comfortable, very nice stereo sound (and I don't have the Bose).

Suggested Improvements

Mazda should bring back a more "upscale" model. There are still plenty of Millenias on the road even though they haven't been made in the past 7 years or so. I know the Millenia sold well in my area (largely due to deep discounts), but it's a real beauty.