2001 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Projected Reliability
By mestratus on 05/24/13 14:44 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car from the showroom - Brand new it looked inviting, but as it turned out, everything that could go wrong...went wrong - I had to have constant expensive repairs - Right after the warranty ran out, I purchased another warranty costing 2,000.00 for another 5 years, but the auto adjustable steering column jammed and none of it was covered - Costs over 600.00 to repair - The engine (problem) light has spent more time being on, than off - Just about everything that you can replace on an engine, had to be replaced - The catalytic converter has to be replaced at a cost of over 2,000.00 again ! - And all this well before the car has 60,000 miles on it - Projected reliability ???

Great Car
By lilred100 on 05/18/12 05:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with 120k, drove 2 years and 20k miles before car was totaled by insurance company. Did well in the accident, no injuries despite driver's side impact. Fun to drive, sporty, sharp rims, great stereo. Minor, inexpensive repairs: thermostat, motor mounts and a fuse. A/C compressor was starting to go out. Visor mirror and one vent cover came unglued otherwise interior looked almost new. Took on lots of highway trips for work and did great at high speeds, comfortable on long drives. Adjustable seats and steering wheel give a good custom fit for the driver. My mechanic said it was a great car, I would buy another mazda in a heartbeat. Got about 18/24 mpg.

don't buy this car
By jay on 04/25/10 04:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

don;t buy buy a mazda millenia , i got this car brand new and after 2 years i had the engine light on so every times is a new problem w this horrible car ,trams, censors, power doors , leaks, and all kind of problems i sold my mazda to junk for 300 cause i dint wanna pay more money , buy a honda or toyota ,

engine lights
By ELAINE HARVILL-GREAT on 01/14/10 05:43 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my mazda except for all the engine lights coming on even though nothing is wrong with my car. It still cost alot every time I take it to the dealership. Like $1000.It only stays off a few months. Now both the engine light and the air bag light are both on. I have75000 miles on my car and this has happened about 10 times. I would NOT recommend it or buy another for this reason.

still love it after all of these years
By rocco on 12/19/09 11:52 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new in 01 and have about 105000 miles on it. I still love it! It's a sharp looking car and extremely comfortable, even for someone pretty large (6'2", 300) No major repairs, just fairly normal maintenance. The steering wheel that automatically raises when you take the key out and lowers to your pre-selected driving position when you put the key in is getting fussy in cold weather and stays in the up position, but I've simply turned off the auto feature for the winter and will reset come springtime. I'll keep her until she falls apart around me.

Positive comments all around.
By Bronson on 06/01/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's a shame Mazda stopped building the Millenia. I bought mine used and have put nearly 130,000 miles on it. It has given me no problems at all other than a Check Engine light that seems to think there's a problem. The drive is very satisfying; think of the Millenia as a big Miata. The ride is smooth and quiet and it is generally a very comfortable car. The interior is classy and it comes without the gimmicks of high-end technology. Storage space is good with enough cup holders for everybody and a wide trunk. A folding rear seat would be nice. Mazda did not put enough effort into marketing the Millenia and giving it a competitive price tag. I think it would have been a very successful car.

An excellent car
By Big Jake on 02/16/09 19:17 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Other than the timing belt and IAC valve I have not had any problems with this car.It has a lot of pep for a tiny 2.3L V6,enough to entertain me on a boring day.

THE Sport Sedan
By archway on 04/23/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Strangers often ask if it's a Jaguar! I love driving this car. Performs like a luxury car on the highway, but my favorite place to drive is a curvy country road. It knows how to hug a corner.

Truly unique Vehicle
By Brook Landon on 02/03/07 17:24 PM (PST)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

Ive owned my Mazda Millenia for about 5 years now. I bought it almost new with 11K miles. Now with 107K miles, my Milly is still going strong with only routine checkups, and the occasionally wear and tear maintenance that needed to be tended to. I love the color of my car, Sand mica with Oak interior, beautiful faux wood in-lay on center console. Up too this day I still get compliments on my vehicle. I also love the fact that you barely see them on the highway, so when people do see them, it's sort of an exclusive feeling of reaction. Mazda did an fantastic job on this exterior; fit and finish superb, oozes quality, too perfect detail.

Beware of Tranny
By coreyandj on 04/07/06 14:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Millenia Premium 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had this car about 1 year before tranny went out, and had it replaced. Mazda did help out though so I give them props. They paid for the tranny, and I paid for the labor. It was only 1,000 miles over warranty at the time. This car's interior and exterior is awesome, best bang for the buck. It really is a dog of the line, but 3rd gear and up performs ok. The rubber around the lights peels off. The paint has a defect in the side mirrors which causes them to chip off really bad. You can usually take them to Mazda and have it replaced for free. Oh, and the gas mileage of this car is horrid; check the forums. Everyone is complaining that their cars are getting nowhere near MPG that Mazda states.