Used 2000 Mazda Millenia S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

True love
By BHRpowered

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Millenia brand spanking new off the showroom floor and have been in love since day 1. I went so far as a purchase a 2nd car and save this baby for the weekends. The styling and history behind it are timeless, with LEDs and factory style HIDs added I have people come up to me asking if it's a 2009. Excellent long distance highway car, good around town, very high quality all around, if it didn't have a Mazda badge it could have easily sold for 75k. I have never driven anywhere without attracting attention, envy, and curious on lookers wondering what it was.

Styling, Miller-cycle engine, supercharger whine, head turning looks, exclusivity

Engine should have been a supercharged 3.5L MCE to destroy competition, a 5-spd option to compete with the 5-series would have been nice, factory HID's in the later years and or navigation system as installed in overseas versions. All other luxury cars of the time had solid black interior options.

Best looking car since Studebaker Hawk
By rjoe1

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car new as my retirement car and only regret is having to burn premium fuel during times of gas crisis. Have yet to find any car as beautifully styled with its supercharged performance.

Best sports sedan styling. Sound and extra performance from supercharger. Power seats for driver and passenger. Great looking chrome rims.

Tune engine to accept regular gas vice premium.

My second one
By Chozen

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I've had my first Millenia since 99 and when a lady ran a light and totalled it I almost cried. 160,000 with no major work done. Fortunately, I found another one with only 77,800 miles. I noticed that the Millenia is one of the only vehicles that never had a recall of any sort.

Exterior design, supercharger (I've had a base and now an S), reliability.

More attractive cluster, and if the seats can go back just a little more (kind of tall).

Sleeper, not just in performance
By Alumar

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Picked up the car on the ford-A plan, for 26,000.00 brand new (marked down from the 32,500 sticker price). Has been an excellent car and held up to what I have required from it. The car if took care of will last you a good time. With a few basic modifications you can get near 230hp/tq crank performance out of the millenia placing it up there with some competitors.

Heated Seats, Telescoping Steering wheel, supercharged

Autostick and or larger displacement would have been nice. With the numbers the 2.3L put out, a 3.2L would be in the 300's hp/tq of power.

Great car!
By toe_lint

2000 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I first learned about the Millenia when I drove a standard version. I liked everything about it, except that I wanted a little more power. The S gives you that power. Great performer on the highways - the smoothest accelerating car I've ever driven. Great sound system, great car for long-distance driving.

I love the acceleration. The car just glides, even when you're flying along. Very comfortable interior, power everything.

The one weakness of this car is that it's not a great hill climber. It strains on long, steep inclines. I also had a problem with the catalytic converter cooking the O2 sensors before Mazda did a recall and swapped out the converter.