2000 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
I will miss my Millenia.... maybe???
By Cherie on 11/12/04 13:08 PM (PST)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '00 Millenia for over 3 years now and it has been an AWESOME car to own. Fun to drive, all around good quality and excellent reliability. However, I have to give it up because of the poor gas mileage (22-24mpg city.) Trading it in on a VW Jetta TDI (38-40mpg city.) Also, my husband finds the seats extremely uncomfortable.

All Around Great Car
By vroom7 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for several years and have had absolutely no problems with it! It runs great & looks great. I highly recommend it. Luxury-like with a economic price. Roomy trunk for storage, comfortable interior, sleek exterior, and more than average performance

Luxury for less, but watch out.
By joutlaw on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia very cheap from a bank at loan value. The car was in good condition with 69K miles. After purchasing I found out the 60K mile tuneup was never performed. I went to the dealer and they wanted $1500 for the tuneup. You can get them dirt cheap, but your paying to maintain a $30K car. I've had some other small issues with the car like the serpentine belt tensioner coming loose. It sounded like a blown engine, but it was just the tensioner bouncing against the block. The transmission is terrible. It's very indecisive. Also, resale is terrible since the car is no longer made.

Great Car
By SOrlando on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This is a very fun car to drive, and is great to look at. The overall quality is great. I am a traveling saleman, and have no problems with the Millennia. it is also my second millennia

Beauty & the BEAST
By JonathanA on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Millenia in March of 2002 and ever since I've had nothing but troubles with the car. Since March 2002 I am in dealership twice a month. The master brake cylinder went in 3- months owning car, driver side mirror motor bad, the rear struts was replaced, door not closeing properly, ignition switch malfunction car not starting, transmission regulator malfunctions can't make mind up, wires and plug are bad and needs replacing,my rear window defoster cracked and entire rear windshield was replaced, driver seat rear panels fall off, fog lights needs adjusting every 2-months, paint is cracking all over and April 2003 my transmission went.

Best assembled auto I have ever owned!
By N.EAST Johnny on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bougtht my mazda for my wife because she loved it's looks. Deeply discounted price for entry level luxury car also a factor. Was always a GM man (10 GM's 8 new from chevy to caddy)Since have purchased 4 new Toyotas big improvement in quality and reliability from GM. Also owned 1 Ford and 2 chrysler products (used). Although the Toyota's assembly were excellent,this car is perfect, nothing out of alingment or loose. The engine is not a great performer by any means. But is adequate for most. Comfortable car for 4 people. Cruise's effortlessly at 80 mph. Only problem after 37,000 miles just happened this week,trunk release button will not open trunk.

dwwmazda
By dadono1 on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Purchased car with 28k miles - excellent condition in July 2002. A/C blower motor has died, fuel gauge shows full while low fuel warning light is on and transmission cannot make up it's mind how to and what gear to shift to in stop and go driving.

Millie Vanilli Was GREAT!
By labholt on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

My Millenia, fondly named Millie Vanillie, was a wonderful car. An accident totaled him, but I have to PTL that thanks to his safety features, I felt no impact and suffered no injuries. He was a wonderfully quiet ride, and had great get-up-and-go. I will miss him.

Acceleration
By Brewser on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I love my millenia. However, shifting could be smoother and needs quicker acceleration for passing at lower speeds.

2000 - millenia
By cme on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

2 years - 23k miles - and not one problem. great car!