Used 2000 Mazda Millenia Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

I will miss my Millenia.... maybe???
By Cherie

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '00 Millenia for over 3 years now and it has been an AWESOME car to own. Fun to drive, all around good quality and excellent reliability. However, I have to give it up because of the poor gas mileage (22-24mpg city.) Trading it in on a VW Jetta TDI (38-40mpg city.) Also, my husband finds the seats extremely uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

Just about everything, especially the style...inside & out. Luxury feel. It's a beauty for the price. Great sound system. I don't understand why MAZDA's not making them anymore!!??

Suggested Improvements

Trunk lid design (leaks into trunk cavity when opened.) The only mechanical problem I experienced was the "check engine" light coming on for no apparent reason.

All Around Great Car
By vroom7

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for several years and have had absolutely no problems with it! It runs great & looks great. I highly recommend it. Luxury-like with a economic price. Roomy trunk for storage, comfortable interior, sleek exterior, and more than average performance

Favorite Features

Climate control, heated seats and mirrors, trac control,

Suggested Improvements

transmission, give it a bit more pep

Luxury for less, but watch out.
By joutlaw

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia very cheap from a bank at loan value. The car was in good condition with 69K miles. After purchasing I found out the 60K mile tuneup was never performed. I went to the dealer and they wanted $1500 for the tuneup. You can get them dirt cheap, but your paying to maintain a $30K car. I've had some other small issues with the car like the serpentine belt tensioner coming loose. It sounded like a blown engine, but it was just the tensioner bouncing against the block. The transmission is terrible. It's very indecisive. Also, resale is terrible since the car is no longer made.

Favorite Features

Moonroof, Automatic Steering wheel, which sometimes doesn't work.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission. More room in the engine bay. More availablity of parts.

Great Car
By SOrlando

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This is a very fun car to drive, and is great to look at. The overall quality is great. I am a traveling saleman, and have no problems with the Millennia. it is also my second millennia

Beauty & the BEAST
By JonathanA

2000 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Millenia in March of 2002 and ever since I've had nothing but troubles with the car. Since March 2002 I am in dealership twice a month. The master brake cylinder went in 3- months owning car, driver side mirror motor bad, the rear struts was replaced, door not closeing properly, ignition switch malfunction car not starting, transmission regulator malfunctions can't make mind up, wires and plug are bad and needs replacing,my rear window defoster cracked and entire rear windshield was replaced, driver seat rear panels fall off, fog lights needs adjusting every 2-months, paint is cracking all over and April 2003 my transmission went.

Favorite Features

Smooth Ride, nice stereo system, nice acceleration, climate control, and nice console controls

Suggested Improvements

more reliable. I have not been able to enjoy the vehicle