unique
By MLong on
1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan
while I've only owned my milly for a month, I have always admired them for their very unique look. I'm a Mazda "fanboi" anyways and have owned several over the course of my life. the first thing I noticed about this car is that it would be exceptionally easy for me to work on myself as its engine is very similar to the MX-6 powerplant, which Ive owned 2 of and still own one today. the 2.5l engine is not expensive to maintain, but the 2.3l S engine certainly is. you will read several sites saying to watch for trans failures, that is mostly centered around the S model, not the non-S model. I'm planning on keeping this car for some time as I absolutely love it.
Favorite Features
just about everything, but mostly the body style, its not as "boxy" looking as its "peers" of the same timeline. definitely has a character that is all its own.
Suggested Improvements
bring it back with taller gearing to give it better mpg. 27/28 isn't bad for a 6 cyl, but the engine can certainly handle lower RPM. make a 2 door coupe version, name it the millenia X6, w/ optional 6 speed manual :D
By jcmoore2010
on 01/11/12 06:09 AM (PST)

Was a great vehicle...a little problem with maintenance on the 2.3 litre miller cycle engine...expensive to say the least. However, find the right technician who knows how to test sensors and it won't break the bank...$500 spark plug change though...have to remove the supercharger to even get to 'em...I believe this was the last great mazda vehicle...yes the rx8 was interesting but kind of cheap and slow for the cost...the mazda 6 is very clinical looking makes me want to check into a hospital...used to be a fanboi of Mazda of which I've owned two...looking back at the other models though and geez they were soooo japanese...the millenia felt different though...like an american who designed a japanese car...