1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
Superb Quality and Fun
By CJAnderson on 07/05/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This Mazda Millenia has been the most fun vehicle and the most reliable and overall inexpensive auto I have owned out of 10 drive-off-the-lot new cars. I will always consider Mazda first before looking to other cars. I can't praise this car enough for its dependability, beauty and pure fun in putting its horsepower to work. Everyone who rides in it is just amazed at the quality, beauty and toughness of its interior and can't get over its racehorse performance! I hope the next car I have to buy is even 70% of what I admire about this car.

Mixed Bag
By fallingacorn on 04/16/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia S in Oct 2000. Love the low profile aluminum rims and sleek design. Ran for several years with almost no mechanical issues. At the 8 year mark (approx 115k miles), I have sunk thousands into it. Suspension is so bad, I feel like I'm sliding on the road. Smoke from tail pipe every morning. Check engine light relentlessly on and off. Oil leak. Security system messed up. Constant problems with rims and tires. 5 sets of new tires in 10 years. I was hoping to drive this car to 175k and beyond but it's done at 135k. What a shame it didn't hold up better. Drove a Maxima for 10 years and prefer that by a long shot.

great but be prepared to spend
By kiko on 04/03/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I loved it when I first bought it . The style is slick and unique. The only problem is the maintenance. It cost a lot of money to maintain and the check engine light comes on for everything. It is impossible to get the car to pass an inspection in new york!!! The car is very sensitive and cost a lot to maintain.

SLEEPER
By FAST on 02/17/09 20:05 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This is a beautiful, solid built car, but its very expensive to maintain. I've had problems with the catalytic converters and the check engine light. No repair or part is cheap on this car. The performance is great but unpredictable, the supercharger doesn't always kick in for some reason, but when it does, wow! This car will top out at 155 mph. It is smooth and steady, like a guided missile.

1999 Mazda Millenia S
By Supercharger on 09/02/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have generally enjoyed it for 9 years. Contrary to what the handbook and one of the reviewers say, the supercharged engine runs fine on 87 octane; in fact it got worse mileage on 91 octane. My car currently has 84000 miles on it, and I just drove it in late summer (90+ degrees heat) to the Outer Banks. It ran fine and provided excellent air conditioning the whole way. I followed Mazda's suggestion to replace the timing belt at 65000 miles and also had the water pump replaced (leaking). Oxygen sensors went out and a vacuum line popped off at 45000 and 50000 miles, respectively. Catalytic converter failed at 75000 miles (too early), for which Mazda picked up expense.

Great car
By ptlytch07 on 08/02/06 07:18 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used (only had 30,000 miles) in 2001. This is a great car and a good value as a used vehicle. The interior room leaves a little bit to be desired (I am 6'3"), but the seats offer enough adjustment to compensate. The front seats are not very comfortable, especially on long drives. The fuel economy is not exceptional, especially when you have to put premium in the tank. I have had a problem with the check engine light coming on and off and now it just stays on; however, I have not had it fixed since the driving performance has not been affected and I am cheap. Overall it is a blast to drive and runs like a scalded ape when the RPMs are high.

Do not Buy
By Terry Jones on 12/08/05 06:38 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought the vehicle used and had problems since. The 2nd day my keyless remotes stop working. One month later, the check engine light came on. The vehicle had vacuum leaks (cost $436). The next month, the check engine light came on again, this time it was a defective ignition coil (cost $632). A tuneup cost $800, much more than a Toyota Avalon. Regular maintenance is too much for this vehicle. I am trading it in.

Great looking car
By David Kamm on 02/17/05 14:43 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 2003 with 49,000 miles on the car. Great looking car but have run into a few problems since owning the car. Watch for smoke out of tailpipe in the morning. Had to replace the supercharger at 64,000 miles. Very expensive ($3500) to replace. If you buy this car used get the extended warranty; it will protect you on the supercharger. Otherwise, car looks great and runs strong in milder climates. Will be a bit sluggish in hot weather.

Miller Cycle Smoothy
By MilleMan on 12/01/04 13:28 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used with 24k miles on it 3.5 years ago. I now have 60k on it and it has had no problems. The Miller Cycle engine (210hp) is smooth and responsive. The power off the line is outstanding. Great quality inside and out. This car is one of the best kept secrets out there.

Wouldnt purchase another Millenia
By Chaun on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

i've had this car since June of 2001 a week after i brought it the Engine light came on had to have C. Converter replaced every since them the light has come back on 5 times i am not starting to look for a new