Used 1999 Mazda Millenia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

99' Mazda Millinia
By mrm2u2004

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Can't say enough about reliability, I bought it new and it still drives with the performance as the day I drove it off the lot. I have 180K miles and still going. Never let me down on the highway. over 12yrs the only things that I have had to replace was an alternator after 70K miles, radiator after 130Kmiles, timing belt after 150kmiles, all other maintenance was routine done by myself such as brakes and oil changes. Great buy only regret is seating is low and now highway noise...but after 12 yrs who can complain!

unique
By MLong

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

while I've only owned my milly for a month, I have always admired them for their very unique look. I'm a Mazda "fanboi" anyways and have owned several over the course of my life. the first thing I noticed about this car is that it would be exceptionally easy for me to work on myself as its engine is very similar to the MX-6 powerplant, which Ive owned 2 of and still own one today. the 2.5l engine is not expensive to maintain, but the 2.3l S engine certainly is. you will read several sites saying to watch for trans failures, that is mostly centered around the S model, not the non-S model. I'm planning on keeping this car for some time as I absolutely love it.

just about everything, but mostly the body style, its not as "boxy" looking as its "peers" of the same timeline. definitely has a character that is all its own.

bring it back with taller gearing to give it better mpg. 27/28 isn't bad for a 6 cyl, but the engine can certainly handle lower RPM. make a 2 door coupe version, name it the millenia X6, w/ optional 6 speed manual :D

Nice Car
By NICE CAR

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used from a family friend with 100,000 miles drove it for 3 years to 174,000 with no problems still sad it died in a accident. I am looking for another one after a great expirence with my first. Only issue was check engine light on for no reason.

People always think its a Lexus, lookis fantastic in pearl white with a tan bottom

cold weather package

Superb Quality and Fun
By CJAnderson

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This Mazda Millenia has been the most fun vehicle and the most reliable and overall inexpensive auto I have owned out of 10 drive-off-the-lot new cars. I will always consider Mazda first before looking to other cars. I can't praise this car enough for its dependability, beauty and pure fun in putting its horsepower to work. Everyone who rides in it is just amazed at the quality, beauty and toughness of its interior and can't get over its racehorse performance! I hope the next car I have to buy is even 70% of what I admire about this car.

Everything is luxurious and easy to maintain.

Bring this Millenia model luxury back in an updated version!

1999 Base Model Millenia
By Robert OBrien

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for more than 7 years and 100K miles after buying it used with 40K miles. At 150K, small problems are creeping in like Power Steering Pump and CV boots, but before now I have done nothing but brakes, tires and belts. Great car that feels solid and provides great value compared to other cars in this segment. This is my families 4th mazda and all have reached 150K or more with little to no problems. AC system is the best I've ever seen!!!

Exterior styling, dash layout, Air conditioning system

Hoping for slightly better mileage since I drive like an old lady