1999 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
99' Mazda Millinia
By mrm2u2004 on 02/25/11 10:01 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Can't say enough about reliability, I bought it new and it still drives with the performance as the day I drove it off the lot. I have 180K miles and still going. Never let me down on the highway. over 12yrs the only things that I have had to replace was an alternator after 70K miles, radiator after 130Kmiles, timing belt after 150kmiles, all other maintenance was routine done by myself such as brakes and oil changes. Great buy only regret is seating is low and now highway noise...but after 12 yrs who can complain!

unique
By MLong on 12/13/09 17:36 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

while I've only owned my milly for a month, I have always admired them for their very unique look. I'm a Mazda "fanboi" anyways and have owned several over the course of my life. the first thing I noticed about this car is that it would be exceptionally easy for me to work on myself as its engine is very similar to the MX-6 powerplant, which Ive owned 2 of and still own one today. the 2.5l engine is not expensive to maintain, but the 2.3l S engine certainly is. you will read several sites saying to watch for trans failures, that is mostly centered around the S model, not the non-S model. I'm planning on keeping this car for some time as I absolutely love it.

Nice Car
By NICE CAR on 08/03/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used from a family friend with 100,000 miles drove it for 3 years to 174,000 with no problems still sad it died in a accident. I am looking for another one after a great expirence with my first. Only issue was check engine light on for no reason.

Superb Quality and Fun
By CJAnderson on 07/05/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This Mazda Millenia has been the most fun vehicle and the most reliable and overall inexpensive auto I have owned out of 10 drive-off-the-lot new cars. I will always consider Mazda first before looking to other cars. I can't praise this car enough for its dependability, beauty and pure fun in putting its horsepower to work. Everyone who rides in it is just amazed at the quality, beauty and toughness of its interior and can't get over its racehorse performance! I hope the next car I have to buy is even 70% of what I admire about this car.

1999 Base Model Millenia
By Robert OBrien on 06/02/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for more than 7 years and 100K miles after buying it used with 40K miles. At 150K, small problems are creeping in like Power Steering Pump and CV boots, but before now I have done nothing but brakes, tires and belts. Great car that feels solid and provides great value compared to other cars in this segment. This is my families 4th mazda and all have reached 150K or more with little to no problems. AC system is the best I've ever seen!!!

Still happy!
By Diane on 05/07/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Mazda Millenia new in 1999. It has been reliable and is still fun to drive! My previous car was a Mazda 626, had that for 9 years (106,00 miles)and because of how well it held up, I knew I would want another Mazda. The Millenia's style still turns heads. Nobody can believe I've had it 10 years. Gas mileage is around 20-24mpg. For the past several years, my husband will ask me if I'm ready to trade her in, but I have said no. I still enjoy my Mazda!

Mixed Bag
By fallingacorn on 04/16/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia S in Oct 2000. Love the low profile aluminum rims and sleek design. Ran for several years with almost no mechanical issues. At the 8 year mark (approx 115k miles), I have sunk thousands into it. Suspension is so bad, I feel like I'm sliding on the road. Smoke from tail pipe every morning. Check engine light relentlessly on and off. Oil leak. Security system messed up. Constant problems with rims and tires. 5 sets of new tires in 10 years. I was hoping to drive this car to 175k and beyond but it's done at 135k. What a shame it didn't hold up better. Drove a Maxima for 10 years and prefer that by a long shot.

great but be prepared to spend
By kiko on 04/03/09 10:10 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I loved it when I first bought it . The style is slick and unique. The only problem is the maintenance. It cost a lot of money to maintain and the check engine light comes on for everything. It is impossible to get the car to pass an inspection in new york!!! The car is very sensitive and cost a lot to maintain.

SLEEPER
By FAST on 02/17/09 20:05 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This is a beautiful, solid built car, but its very expensive to maintain. I've had problems with the catalytic converters and the check engine light. No repair or part is cheap on this car. The performance is great but unpredictable, the supercharger doesn't always kick in for some reason, but when it does, wow! This car will top out at 155 mph. It is smooth and steady, like a guided missile.

1999 Mazda Millenia S
By Supercharger on 09/02/08 09:08 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have generally enjoyed it for 9 years. Contrary to what the handbook and one of the reviewers say, the supercharged engine runs fine on 87 octane; in fact it got worse mileage on 91 octane. My car currently has 84000 miles on it, and I just drove it in late summer (90+ degrees heat) to the Outer Banks. It ran fine and provided excellent air conditioning the whole way. I followed Mazda's suggestion to replace the timing belt at 65000 miles and also had the water pump replaced (leaking). Oxygen sensors went out and a vacuum line popped off at 45000 and 50000 miles, respectively. Catalytic converter failed at 75000 miles (too early), for which Mazda picked up expense.

1 2 3 4 5 next »