Used 1998 Mazda Millenia S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Worst Car Ever
By John

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Contrary to the other positive reviews, this is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I have never put so much money into a car just to keep it running. Literally, every 3 months since I have owned this car, something goes wrong. I have put several thousand dollars into this car just in repairs, and that is in the three years I have owned it. I hate this car, and I will never ever purchase a Mazda again. If you decide to invest in a Mazda Millenia, I wish you the best of luck, because luck is something I did not have with this car.

It is a sharp looking car, but that is the only good thing I have to say about it.

Needs more than one cup holder, and the one that it has needs to be bigger.

The truth
By Kevin

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Here is the truth about this car: 1. Consumes large amounts of fuel, if you're thinking of driving this car on a daily basis then make sure you have loads of money for the fuel. 2. The car is extremely heavy, there is no pick up at all. Due to the vehicle's weight this has resulted in the miller cycle engine having to work harder to supply energy and that results in greater gas consumption. 3. Motor oil consumption is just ridiculous. The car drains large amounts of motor oil and I find myself replacing it on a weekly basis, which is just ridiculous. Overall I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, its expensive to maintain and the resale value is nothing but laughable.

Please refer to above.

Is the turbo reliable
By Ken

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used and now have 85,000 miles. Replaced ball joints at 45k, catalytic converter at 59k which fortunately was still covered by Mazda. My only concern is how reliable the S model is vs. the non- turbo model. So far so good. Considering the car is ten years old, it's been a great used car and the rare times I floor the gas pedal, it's amazing to feel the 210 hp kick in for quick passing. Plan on keeping it for another 85,000, just hope the turbo doesn't surprise me by breaking down. Digital L.E.D display showing A/C mode, and outside temperature no longer works and it's expensive to fix.

Engine response, styling, performance.

Flimsy cup holder, L.E.D. HVAC display reliability, catalytic converter reliability, turbo reliability

The "S" Rocks
By Michael Jones

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This has been a great and reliable car. I've never had to take it to the shop, besides the normal maintenance. I drive the car hard, and it begs for more. You can't be cheap and put the 87 octane gas in the car. Put the 93 octane in, and the car rocks.

Heated leather seats. 210HP Great torque performance at speed.

Resale value is poor.

Great Car
By Jim

1998 Mazda Millenia Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought my Millenia S new and it now has 83,000. Both the handling and acceleration are great. I've been thinking about getting a new car, but nothing compares with the value of this car. Wish they still made them.

Leather interior finish, the overall performance of the car.

Moot point as they don't make them, but yeah, more cupholders, perhaps a fold down rear seat to expand the trunk space.