1998 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
fun and style all in one
By carlvnlady on 11/08/09 11:20 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This car was a gift from a family member, and we just love it! My husband loves to drive it on the curvy smokey mountain roads, this baby sticks like glue! and the style of the car in and out is really nice too, allot of interior color,even wood grain. we have took it in the mountains allot, on uphill drives it just want's to go, period. IT is the same way on the highway. we have had to change a few parts, but hey, for 100,000mi, what can you expect?

Great car!
By Sheliaq on 12/09/08 06:38 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my car Millenia tremendously! The check engine light constantly comes on, which I think that's how these companies are fixing these cars these days, so that you will take them in regularly for the least little thing! My car runs like a "brand new car", mainly due to my repairing things as they break down vs. waiting. I presently get about 270- 300 miles per tank of gas, which I guess is not too bad for a 10-year old car. I have had the timing belt changed, valve cover gasket repaired, O2 Sensor and Crank Shaft replaced this year! But for a 10-year old car you should expect to make some repairs. I would recommend this car to anyone that's looking to purchase a reliable car

My Mazda
By loerene on 07/05/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

The only problem was the engine light and an oil leak which was fixed by the dealer. A perfect fit for a short woman. I think the interior (leather seats and carpet) leaves a lot to be desired. The outside of the vehicle is holding up much better than the interior. The cup holders in the front got stuck and are unable to be fixed and there are none in the back. Also the mileage could be improved upon. Otherwise the car has given me good service and I'm not on 111,000 miles and it is still quite peppy and runs good. I think I'll keep it, hopefully, for at least another 100,000 miles!!

Mazda should make them again!
By lp on 05/26/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 17,000 miles on it for a song in 2001. It has been a great car and still runs like a new car despite being ten years old. I have maintained it regularly, but haven't had any major repairs. I'll give it to my son only when I can replace it with a hybrid that has as many great features.

Unreliable
By AB on 01/10/08 14:12 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Since purchasing this car (new) back in 1998, I've had one problem after another including the following repairs/replacements: - fuel sending unit (under warranty) - oxygen sensor (under warranty) - powertrain control module (PCM) (under warranty) - EGR valve ($900 out of pocket) - front upper control arm and rear inner tie rod ($600 out of pocket) The fact that this car requires premium gas is ridiculous, especially considering it doesn't provide top tier performance. I will never purchase another Mazda.

A best buy used car
By John Gulyas on 03/05/07 17:05 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 22000 miles in 2000 for half the new price of a new one. I have had no repairs except for the brakes which I replaced at about 70,000 miles. The usual highway mpg is 30 or better. The only complaint comes from my wife who thinks the passenger seat is not as comfortable as the driver seat. The resale value does not reflect the true value of this car, it is a bargain.

I Love My Car!
By spongebobluvr on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my dad who was the first & only prior owner so it was well taken care of. I love my car. It has never failed me, & I bought it at 79K miles, now it has 107K miles, after only 15 months of my owning it. It drives as good as it did the day I bought it. I have taken it on no less than FOUR cross-country road trips in that time, about to be five next week, and it hasn't missed a beat. It is the most well-built reliable car, drives like a dream, esp on the highway, economical, and looks great. LOVE it. Highly recommend it!

Good car
By Zee Mughal on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

AWESOME Good car, fun to drive reliable and looks cool

My Ownership review
By Briley on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Great handling automobile, good ride and very responsive. Seats are a little small. Very reliable, road noise level could be improved. Mileage could be improved for the size engine 2.5 Liter. Only maintenance has been oil & filter change. New battery.

2nd Owner and first time Mazda owner
By macjav on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This is the first Mazda I've purchased and I am the second owner of this vehicle. I will definitely give Mazda serious consideration when I am in the market to purchase another vehicle. The service center in my area (Ferman Mazda in Tampa, Florida) have been excellent.