Used 1998 Mazda Millenia Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

fun and style all in one
By carlvnlady

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This car was a gift from a family member, and we just love it! My husband loves to drive it on the curvy smokey mountain roads, this baby sticks like glue! and the style of the car in and out is really nice too, allot of interior color,even wood grain. we have took it in the mountains allot, on uphill drives it just want's to go, period. IT is the same way on the highway. we have had to change a few parts, but hey, for 100,000mi, what can you expect?

Favorite Features

the color tones, leather interior, handling, power. nice heavy car, doesn't feel like a aluminum can!

Suggested Improvements

car parts are a crazy expensive! and mazda dealerships are a bummer to find around here. like everybody else..cup holders, please!

Great car!
By Sheliaq

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my car Millenia tremendously! The check engine light constantly comes on, which I think that's how these companies are fixing these cars these days, so that you will take them in regularly for the least little thing! My car runs like a "brand new car", mainly due to my repairing things as they break down vs. waiting. I presently get about 270- 300 miles per tank of gas, which I guess is not too bad for a 10-year old car. I have had the timing belt changed, valve cover gasket repaired, O2 Sensor and Crank Shaft replaced this year! But for a 10-year old car you should expect to make some repairs. I would recommend this car to anyone that's looking to purchase a reliable car

Favorite Features

I love the look of the exterior, I have a spoiler on mine and a sunroof. I do like the factory sound system that came with it, however, it want play CDR-R music, only new CDs, so you would have to change out the stereo if you are looking to play CDs that you make yourself!

Suggested Improvements

The car sits too low and has caused me to have "back problems", so if I could make one recommendation, make the car higher off the ground should you decide to remake the Millenia in the near future! My cup holder did break over the summer, but I guess so since it's 10-years old.:):):)

My Mazda
By loerene

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

The only problem was the engine light and an oil leak which was fixed by the dealer. A perfect fit for a short woman. I think the interior (leather seats and carpet) leaves a lot to be desired. The outside of the vehicle is holding up much better than the interior. The cup holders in the front got stuck and are unable to be fixed and there are none in the back. Also the mileage could be improved upon. Otherwise the car has given me good service and I'm not on 111,000 miles and it is still quite peppy and runs good. I think I'll keep it, hopefully, for at least another 100,000 miles!!

Favorite Features

The sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Needs improved gas mileage and quality interior leathers and carpeting.

Mazda should make them again!
By lp

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 17,000 miles on it for a song in 2001. It has been a great car and still runs like a new car despite being ten years old. I have maintained it regularly, but haven't had any major repairs. I'll give it to my son only when I can replace it with a hybrid that has as many great features.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, wonderful sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are certainly behind the times.

Unreliable
By AB

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Since purchasing this car (new) back in 1998, I've had one problem after another including the following repairs/replacements: - fuel sending unit (under warranty) - oxygen sensor (under warranty) - powertrain control module (PCM) (under warranty) - EGR valve ($900 out of pocket) - front upper control arm and rear inner tie rod ($600 out of pocket) The fact that this car requires premium gas is ridiculous, especially considering it doesn't provide top tier performance. I will never purchase another Mazda.