Used 1998 Mazda Millenia Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

1998 Mazda Millenia

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:

Most Helpful|
fun and style all in one
By carlvnlady

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This car was a gift from a family member, and we just love it! My husband loves to drive it on the curvy smokey mountain roads, this baby sticks like glue! and the style of the car in and out is really nice too, allot of interior color,even wood grain. we have took it in the mountains allot, on uphill drives it just want's to go, period. IT is the same way on the highway. we have had to change a few parts, but hey, for 100,000mi, what can you expect?

Favorite Features

the color tones, leather interior, handling, power. nice heavy car, doesn't feel like a aluminum can!

Suggested Improvements

car parts are a crazy expensive! and mazda dealerships are a bummer to find around here. like everybody else..cup holders, please!

Great car!
By Sheliaq

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my car Millenia tremendously! The check engine light constantly comes on, which I think that's how these companies are fixing these cars these days, so that you will take them in regularly for the least little thing! My car runs like a "brand new car", mainly due to my repairing things as they break down vs. waiting. I presently get about 270- 300 miles per tank of gas, which I guess is not too bad for a 10-year old car. I have had the timing belt changed, valve cover gasket repaired, O2 Sensor and Crank Shaft replaced this year! But for a 10-year old car you should expect to make some repairs. I would recommend this car to anyone that's looking to purchase a reliable car

Favorite Features

I love the look of the exterior, I have a spoiler on mine and a sunroof. I do like the factory sound system that came with it, however, it want play CDR-R music, only new CDs, so you would have to change out the stereo if you are looking to play CDs that you make yourself!

Suggested Improvements

The car sits too low and has caused me to have "back problems", so if I could make one recommendation, make the car higher off the ground should you decide to remake the Millenia in the near future! My cup holder did break over the summer, but I guess so since it's 10-years old.:):):)

Is the turbo reliable
By Ken

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used and now have 85,000 miles. Replaced ball joints at 45k, catalytic converter at 59k which fortunately was still covered by Mazda. My only concern is how reliable the S model is vs. the non- turbo model. So far so good. Considering the car is ten years old, it's been a great used car and the rare times I floor the gas pedal, it's amazing to feel the 210 hp kick in for quick passing. Plan on keeping it for another 85,000, just hope the turbo doesn't surprise me by breaking down. Digital L.E.D display showing A/C mode, and outside temperature no longer works and it's expensive to fix.

Favorite Features

Engine response, styling, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Flimsy cup holder, L.E.D. HVAC display reliability, catalytic converter reliability, turbo reliability

Worst Car Ever
By John

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Contrary to the other positive reviews, this is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I have never put so much money into a car just to keep it running. Literally, every 3 months since I have owned this car, something goes wrong. I have put several thousand dollars into this car just in repairs, and that is in the three years I have owned it. I hate this car, and I will never ever purchase a Mazda again. If you decide to invest in a Mazda Millenia, I wish you the best of luck, because luck is something I did not have with this car.

Favorite Features

It is a sharp looking car, but that is the only good thing I have to say about it.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more than one cup holder, and the one that it has needs to be bigger.

The truth
By Kevin

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Here is the truth about this car: 1. Consumes large amounts of fuel, if you're thinking of driving this car on a daily basis then make sure you have loads of money for the fuel. 2. The car is extremely heavy, there is no pick up at all. Due to the vehicle's weight this has resulted in the miller cycle engine having to work harder to supply energy and that results in greater gas consumption. 3. Motor oil consumption is just ridiculous. The car drains large amounts of motor oil and I find myself replacing it on a weekly basis, which is just ridiculous. Overall I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, its expensive to maintain and the resale value is nothing but laughable.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Please refer to above.