1998 Mazda Millenia - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Millenia model:
fun and style all in one
By carlvnlady on 11/08/09 11:20 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

This car was a gift from a family member, and we just love it! My husband loves to drive it on the curvy smokey mountain roads, this baby sticks like glue! and the style of the car in and out is really nice too, allot of interior color,even wood grain. we have took it in the mountains allot, on uphill drives it just want's to go, period. IT is the same way on the highway. we have had to change a few parts, but hey, for 100,000mi, what can you expect?

Worst Car Ever
By John on 04/24/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Contrary to the other positive reviews, this is by far the worst car I have ever owned. I have never put so much money into a car just to keep it running. Literally, every 3 months since I have owned this car, something goes wrong. I have put several thousand dollars into this car just in repairs, and that is in the three years I have owned it. I hate this car, and I will never ever purchase a Mazda again. If you decide to invest in a Mazda Millenia, I wish you the best of luck, because luck is something I did not have with this car.

Great car!
By Sheliaq on 12/09/08 06:38 AM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my car Millenia tremendously! The check engine light constantly comes on, which I think that's how these companies are fixing these cars these days, so that you will take them in regularly for the least little thing! My car runs like a "brand new car", mainly due to my repairing things as they break down vs. waiting. I presently get about 270- 300 miles per tank of gas, which I guess is not too bad for a 10-year old car. I have had the timing belt changed, valve cover gasket repaired, O2 Sensor and Crank Shaft replaced this year! But for a 10-year old car you should expect to make some repairs. I would recommend this car to anyone that's looking to purchase a reliable car

The truth
By Kevin on 09/30/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Here is the truth about this car: 1. Consumes large amounts of fuel, if you're thinking of driving this car on a daily basis then make sure you have loads of money for the fuel. 2. The car is extremely heavy, there is no pick up at all. Due to the vehicle's weight this has resulted in the miller cycle engine having to work harder to supply energy and that results in greater gas consumption. 3. Motor oil consumption is just ridiculous. The car drains large amounts of motor oil and I find myself replacing it on a weekly basis, which is just ridiculous. Overall I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone, its expensive to maintain and the resale value is nothing but laughable.

Is the turbo reliable
By Ken on 09/09/08 01:20 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used and now have 85,000 miles. Replaced ball joints at 45k, catalytic converter at 59k which fortunately was still covered by Mazda. My only concern is how reliable the S model is vs. the non- turbo model. So far so good. Considering the car is ten years old, it's been a great used car and the rare times I floor the gas pedal, it's amazing to feel the 210 hp kick in for quick passing. Plan on keeping it for another 85,000, just hope the turbo doesn't surprise me by breaking down. Digital L.E.D display showing A/C mode, and outside temperature no longer works and it's expensive to fix.

My Mazda
By loerene on 07/05/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

The only problem was the engine light and an oil leak which was fixed by the dealer. A perfect fit for a short woman. I think the interior (leather seats and carpet) leaves a lot to be desired. The outside of the vehicle is holding up much better than the interior. The cup holders in the front got stuck and are unable to be fixed and there are none in the back. Also the mileage could be improved upon. Otherwise the car has given me good service and I'm not on 111,000 miles and it is still quite peppy and runs good. I think I'll keep it, hopefully, for at least another 100,000 miles!!

Mazda should make them again!
By lp on 05/26/08 20:54 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 17,000 miles on it for a song in 2001. It has been a great car and still runs like a new car despite being ten years old. I have maintained it regularly, but haven't had any major repairs. I'll give it to my son only when I can replace it with a hybrid that has as many great features.

Unreliable
By AB on 01/10/08 14:12 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

Since purchasing this car (new) back in 1998, I've had one problem after another including the following repairs/replacements: - fuel sending unit (under warranty) - oxygen sensor (under warranty) - powertrain control module (PCM) (under warranty) - EGR valve ($900 out of pocket) - front upper control arm and rear inner tie rod ($600 out of pocket) The fact that this car requires premium gas is ridiculous, especially considering it doesn't provide top tier performance. I will never purchase another Mazda.

A best buy used car
By John Gulyas on 03/05/07 17:05 PM (PST)

1998 Mazda Millenia 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 22000 miles in 2000 for half the new price of a new one. I have had no repairs except for the brakes which I replaced at about 70,000 miles. The usual highway mpg is 30 or better. The only complaint comes from my wife who thinks the passenger seat is not as comfortable as the driver seat. The resale value does not reflect the true value of this car, it is a bargain.

The "S" Rocks
By Michael Jones on 08/09/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

1998 Mazda Millenia S 4dr Sedan

This has been a great and reliable car. I've never had to take it to the shop, besides the normal maintenance. I drive the car hard, and it begs for more. You can't be cheap and put the 87 octane gas in the car. Put the 93 octane in, and the car rocks.